Bhakti and Karma Yoga
 reincarnation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2008 :  3:46:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've never been sure about how true it is, though... if you're gonna take on any beliefs, I know reincarnation to be one of the great ones :).

Anyway... so the other night, I was in my garage, and there's this big beetle just sitting there on my carpet. I'm kinda bored... so I wonder if I can get it to crawl up my finger. I mean, of course, that thing is undoubtedly pretty scared of my massif finger attached to my massif arm, attached to lil me... but I started wondering, what if I just intend for it to trust me, let my body just relax as much as possible, basically show it to the best of my degree, that I'm harmless.

It took maybe 3 minutes or so, I just sat there with my hand at first extended in front of him, and then just one finger, to maybe make it a bit less daunting... anyway, so at one point, the little bugger just nods his head up and down three times, like he was looking up and down at this massif presence of a finger in front of him, and then after the third time, right after, he just climbs up. So he's on my finger now.... and I wanna get a closer look at him, (... maybe he wants to get a closer look at me? haha) so I bring my finger to my face, and then he just jumps, flies towards me for a sec, I kinda jump... haha, I'm as scared as this little bug as it is of me... well not really, but a beetle in your face can make you jump a bit haha.

Anyway... so afterwards, I was just wondering... a bug, with possibly the experience of human trust, if so, that thing's gonna reincarnate to at least a cat or a dog (if reincarnation is for real). I was just entertaining the thought really... I'm curious though, if any of you guys have any experiences with reincarnation and the like.

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2008 :  4:24:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That beetle is definitely gonna hit it big in the next life.
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2008 :  4:29:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good question Divineis. I am actually wondering myself about all this "reincarnation stuff". It seems to be taken for granted for most people. Why? I don't say it is not true but obviously it is not obvious...:)
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  01:01:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Scott

That beetle is definitely gonna hit it big in the next life.

haha yeah, for all I know that thing's enlightened. It's prolly all "a human... as scared of me as I am of it, I'll just die now, I've known enough". ... maybe not quite haha, that'd be so cool though. I can imagine him trying to explain to all his bug friends about this illusion of fear they have haha.

... funny how simple life seems when you just change the perspective a little. A bug's life... good movie too :) haha.

YogaIsLife, your question... oh man, I wish I had an answer haha. I'll do my best, I like this question :). People... bugs are simple, but people... we love to complicate. Taking on beliefs without questioning... it's just a bad habit I guess. Then there's people like me, wondering if the belief is true, but also wondering if it even matters haha.

Beliefs about the afterlife though, those are the easiest to believe, not believing leaves you on your own, and loneliness is scary... gotta hold on to something, especially when something as big and daunting and scary as death is just hanging over you like a shadow. Good thing I know loneliness ain't really that scary a thing to "go into", and nor is death... we "die" every time we're not there while meditating, and when "life lives us". That's the only kind of death to me, the greatest birth. The other kind is just a concept, that this idea of "me" can die... there's no me. I can keep adding to this "concept" of "me" and sure, some of it will help me in everyday life, but it's still just a concept, it's utilitarian, the rest is just beliefs, illusion, stuff that keeps feeding the "me" that's "seperate" from "you".

I reckon this path to "knowing god" might lead to a few "revelations", but by that point, there's not really a "me" to make it overly special, to egofy it, the ordinary is already known to be miraculous. Which is why I'm always a little iffy about questions like reincarnation. I've had some weird stuff happen around me before, but every time, it seemed like it was because there was "no one here" to question it, to distort it, take it out of context or take sides. Basically... if one wants to truly know about reincarnation, I reckon no ego attachments to any positionalities on the subject must really remain... and by that point... the ordinary seems miraculous and it's just another leaf blowing in the wind.

Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  05:33:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Basically... if one wants to truly know about reincarnation, I reckon no ego attachments to any positionalities on the subject must really remain... and by that point... the ordinary seems miraculous and it's just another leaf blowing in the wind.

that sounds good to me
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  11:57:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Originally posted by Divineis

quote:
Basically... if one wants to truly know about reincarnation, I reckon no ego attachments to any positionalities on the subject must really remain... and by that point... the ordinary seems miraculous and it's just another leaf blowing in the wind.

...and the miraculous seems ordinary.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000