Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 afraid of meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bskyler428

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2008 :  01:40:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit bskyler428's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
A psychic recently contacted my grandmother about me. She told her that I had a very strong psychic awareness since I was 8 or 9 and I am only 20. She told my grandma things that I have experienced throughout my life. Things that made me think I was crazy. For example- hearing people, hearing music, rocking back and forth, a over whelming ringing noise, knowing things before they happened, seeing images etc. I feel I have finally found myself, except I am very afraid. When I try to meditate the feeling is so overwhelming that I have to open my eyes for fear of something dramatically changing around me. My head is forced left then right or pushed down, and I can usually never get over the constant ringing. It feels like my head is going to explode. It seems I am having more trouble now that I am aware of it. How do I get over being afraid and start to accept this? ~Britt

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2008 :  07:55:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi and welcome :)

The most straightforward way would be to keep on meditating and also self-pacing as necessary. If you meditate regularly, you'll gradually become able to handle such experiences from within your inner silence, from your center. Then they won't have such a grip on you and will be less likely to cause distraction.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2008 :  11:11:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi bskyler428!

Welcome to the forum! There are many of us here who have come to the forum with similar symptoms as you have. I'm glad you found this place, because here you are offered tools to handle all the energies that are roaming about in you.

As tadeas mentions, meditation is the base if you'd like to get over in the driver's seat instad of being a passenger in the wild ride! Please check out the main lessons. You just need the first 4 lessons to get started!

It may also be beneficial for you to try a little bit of pranayama (spinal breathing) since it can both balance energies and actually calm them down if you already have a lot of them. It's not recommended to start with both meditation and spinal breathing if you are a total beginner, but since you already are boiling with energies it might be something to try out. That's how it worked for me when I arrived in a hurricane state here a couple of years ago... Just a few minutes twice a day before meditation can quickly stabilize you.

Read lesson 39 and 41 to get started!

Please know that you are blessed to have all this going on, even though it may feel confusing and scary at the moment. You are on your way Home to peace and love. With a little patience you'll find that energies can be really comfortable when getting used to them!

The ringing in the ears have been much discussed here, and is mostly seen as a symptom of energy overload. There are many lessons and links about self-pacing. Check them out! You probably need lots of grounding, walks, exercise and stuff to ease the symptoms.

Love, emc

Edited by - emc on Jun 29 2008 11:14:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2008 :  11:15:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Britt
You're very welcome to the forum

When you say you have tried meditation do you mean you have tried the AYP meditation as tought in the Main Lessons - found here http://www.aypsite.org/MainDirectory.html ?

There are many many types of meditation and they take many approaches. The essential purpose of meditation is to develop "inner silence" or "stillness". Along the way there can be many distractions, such as the ones you are describing - like the head being moved - this is called "automatic yoga"
See here for info on that: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2231

The ringing in the ears is also a common side effect of purification in the nervous system - see here for more details:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=3681#31890

When things like you describe start happening - especially when you start meditating first it can be very frightening. It is a whole new world and one we don't hear much about in general conversation.

However, this sort of stuff IS general conversation here so you are in a good place
If you take things nice and easy, keeping meditation times to a minimum untill you find a balance you are comfortable with and move on from there.
Reading the Main Lessons and taking things slowly and step by step is your best bet.
You can leave your eyes open at first if that is more comfortable. If you are doing this it would probably be better to half close them and keep an open or soft focus i.e. don't focus on anything in particular.
As you progress you can try closing them and see how it goes.

Everyone is different and you have to find your own balance through trial and error. The AYP system allows well for this and takes Self-Pacing into account.
Self-pacing is the practice of being aware of the effects of meditation and other aspects of your life and how they affect your system - and then taking corrective measures to stay in balance. This is very important for everyone but especially for you now, because you seem to be so sensitive to the meditation.
You will find more reference to self-pacing in the Topic Index here:
http://www.aypsite.org/TopicIndex.html

You have plenty of reading there - hope its not too much

Keep us posted on how you are getting on
All the best

Edit: Brit, emc and I posted at the same time

Edited by - Sparkle on Jun 29 2008 11:20:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2008 :  11:18:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In Sweden we say "Smurf" when simultaneous things happens!
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2008 :  11:20:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Smurf
Go to Top of Page

bskyler428

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2008 :  10:28:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit bskyler428's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you guys for your replies, I had no idea I would get so many. I will take ALL of your suggestions and apply them to what I am doing. Sparkle asked me if I used the Ayp main lesson, I have not. I have just been winging it. That is why I have been seeking guidance, and you guys helped more than I expected. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000