Enlightenment Milestones
 enlightenment for everyone.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - May 22 2008 :  10:22:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I work at a school and I teach "autistic" kids. Yogani talks about it in secrets of wilder and other places as well and other spiritual gurus talk about how happiness and enlightenment are our birthright. it is interesting because my kids seem to be protected in that they can smile and laugh pretty easily, and are pretty easy to please. but is enlightenment everyones birthright? if the central nerve channel needs to be purified what about people with bad back problems, my sister has a steel rood in her back and my uncle has a big hump in his back? I ask this out of sincerity, I do wish the best for myself and humanity but this question is one that has been on my mind since I work so closely to these kids. Who knows maybe if I become enlightened I might realize some of them are already there.

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 22 2008 :  10:52:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A good point i must say, but there's a lot of sages who speak that there are no necessary requirements for enlightenment and so on like Ramakrishna and ramana maharshi, papaji etc.

but here in the AYP things are done in another way where it seems that working on the central nerve channel is a must, then i guess the only answer to this problematic here is reincarnation.

so the best thing i suggest here is the suffi way, cz it has similarities between all the ways and it's mainly based on the repetition of al ward which is usually a prayer or a divine name and they work like mantras and they add a lot in the purification process.

but again what if som1 doesn't hear nor sees nor talk etc what about these people?!!!

Again the best fair answer i've found for this problematic is reincarnation.

these are my own views on this subject, so let's see what yogani has to say on this issue.

Kind regards and my best wished to ur sister and all humankind maybe we could be of help for them in our prayers.

Namaste
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000