Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Meditating while ill
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jillatay

USA
206 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  1:54:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit jillatay's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I can't find much on this topic searching the archives. I guess I just haven't been sick much lately so it hasn't come up.

But I am just recovering from a terrible flu and couldn't hardly meditate at all for 2 days. What is recommended at this time.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jill

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  2:39:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI Jill sorry to hear you haven't been well

Here is what Yogani says about meditation and sickness. Does meditation cure sickness?

Hope you feel better soon
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  2:50:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
See if this has any helpful hints:
Maintaining Practice in Poor Health

Hope you feel better soon.
Go to Top of Page

UniversalMind

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  3:08:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit UniversalMind's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone, Ive often wondered about this myself Jill. I have a friend who has CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome) and practices meditation, i was wondering how healthy this would be because i have read about links between CFS and Kundalini. I was wondering if there could be a danger that if some symptoms of CFS are Kundalini then the meditator could be overdoing thing's. Any thought's anyone?

Thank's.

Go to Top of Page

jillatay

USA
206 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  4:00:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit jillatay's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shanti and Richard,

Those links were what I was looking for. Thankfully, I am on the mend now.

Namaste,
Jill
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  4:16:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great glad to be of help.

Get well soon eh
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  6:47:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Universal mind, tricky question. Both CFS and Kundalini mess up the HPA-axis (stresshormonalsystem), and it is possible to have CFS without a kundalini going on. I would check with the person if she has OTHER typical signs of spiritual awakenings going on. In that case, I'd be careful about meditating too much, perhaps try spinal breathing to even things out. If it's not accompanied by other signs of awakening... I'd recommend her to continue mediating and perhaps start yoga or medical qi gong. Medical qi gong has been very successful with CFS patients.

Edited by - emc on May 02 2008 04:43:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

UniversalMind

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  7:46:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit UniversalMind's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc, can you tell me what the the other signs of spiritual awakening would be?

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  03:50:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, I meant nothing more than what we are all doing here, for example. Is she interested in spirituality at all? Reading books, searching knowledge, taking courses, meeting sages, go to gatherings and chant, do a lot of self-inquiry, start to get strange visions and sensations all over, kundalini eczemas, ear ringing, dizzyness, sensations of leaving the body, "floating", etc etc etc... You know, things we talk about in the overload topics for example... The sense that "spirit touched you", sort of.
Go to Top of Page

jillatay

USA
206 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  9:21:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit jillatay's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A final note on my illness. I am almost recovered now. I find that more and more when something bad happens it is a precursor to an amazing breakthrough. My dreams last night were beyond description and when I awoke it was almost heartbreaking to be separated from that loving presence. But now I can even look forward to getting sick.

Love to all,
Jill
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  04:42:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It might have been a small "overdoing flu" you got, jillatay! Great openings usually come after a bit of aggressive cleaning of the system.
Go to Top of Page

jillatay

USA
206 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  3:03:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit jillatay's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc,

also I was on a forced fast for a few days and I just read how that can help access old stuck emotional crap. I think it is working and I am going to take advantage of it.

Love to all,
Jill
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000