New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2008 :  02:26:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Gandhi? Maybe one of the most practical examples. Also called Babaji. The Dalia Lama, my personal favorite. Maybe these ones are too obvious.
Go to Top of Page

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  6:30:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Mildred Lisette Norman Ryder, a.k.a. Peace Pilgrim, never claimed to be a guru. But she was both a guru and a saint.

http://www.peacepilgrim.com/

Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  10:54:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by stevenbhow

Gandhi? Maybe one of the most practical examples. Also called Babaji. The Dalia Lama, my personal favorite. Maybe these ones are too obvious.

I'm a big Ghandi fan and have been reading his autobiography recently. He mentions in it that his ultimate life mission at the time was to achieve "mukti" (liberation) but that it had not yet happened for him.

Nevertheless, I find him very inspirational.
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  12:29:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Adding to the list of Gurus: Raghavendra Swamy, Dayananda Saraswathi (living), Swami Vishnu Tirth, Swami Atmananda,Swami Shivom Tirth,Swami Paramananda Tirth,Pythagoras,Herald Klemp(all living).
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  07:12:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Mother Theresa
Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2008 :  12:43:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2008 :  07:27:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I often learn just as much from common people as I do from gurus. often they don't even know they're teaching me.
Go to Top of Page

thibaud05

France
86 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2008 :  11:47:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Goswami Kriyananda, a great inspiring teacher who appeals much to my sense of symbolic thought and balanced rationality.
Go to Top of Page

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  12:59:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Baba Hari Dass....

He nailed me with this one...

"Acting out desires is not a method of eliminating desires."
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2009 :  2:56:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogiraj Gurunath Siddhanath - still living (2009) from the Babaji Gorakshanath Lineage. This man's really nice and you find many youtube vids also: search-word: hamsa yogi
Go to Top of Page

zenflesh

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2009 :  02:47:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
friends did we miss out our beloved Yogani?
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2009 :  03:05:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good point, zenflesh!
Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2009 :  10:12:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
aum

gratitude, sacred emc, for this space that gives thought to wisdom forms.

yogani, a beautiful siddhar sage, ofcourse!

to crack thoughts- beyond the 'i am' is 'what if'
- bill and melinda gates

as in ancient oneness as the divine energy behind the 'i am'- siddhar sage baba nataraj- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay9GsM--Zf8

each knowing purpose as the meaning to the 'i am' experience to be at the receiving end of grace!

aum

Edited by - nandhi on Mar 13 2009 01:29:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  02:36:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Father Anthony de Mello: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_de_Mello
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  04:55:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going to Swami Shankranada's ashram in Australia in a few days. This will be my first mediation retreat and the first time to receive Shaktipad from a Guru. Should be an interesting experience.
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  1:58:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Pir Vilayat Inayat Khan
Irina Tweedie
Fr Thomas Merton
Fr Thomas Keating: living
Go to Top of Page

Joanna

Estonia
8 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  09:06:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Joanna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Darth Vader?
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  09:41:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm thinking more along the lines of Yoda
Go to Top of Page

rumcu

Czech Republic
1 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2009 :  1:40:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit rumcu's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sant Kirpal Sigh - left body in 1974, Mystic, Saint, Master of very high order.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirpal_Singh

He was reputed to live what he teached. He lived very pure humble life, newer charging anything to anyone.
He made his books available without copyright saying "the gifts of God, like sunlight, are all free."
Some talks are available in MP3 format for free here:
http://www.kirpalsingh-teachings.or...php/en/audio
http://ruhanisatsangusa.org/audio.htm

Worth of investigating his lineage if you are ready for the ultimate.

Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  01:14:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Siddhar Maha Siva Swamy, an enlightened master, has been meditating for over 4-6 decades. He lives in solitude in Nambi Hills, South India.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n00_zurq2ok
Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  4:22:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nandhi, thank you so much for sharing these wonderful videos! They have touched me deeply.

Love and Blessings
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2009 :  4:52:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
aum

grateful for your feedback, divine cosmic! thank you!
Go to Top of Page

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2009 :  08:56:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
George Fox: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Fox
Go to Top of Page

senthil

India
25 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  11:47:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit senthil's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Nandi,

I live in Chennai. Can you pls let me know if there any sidhars that I can meet in Chennai or Thiruvannamalai?

Thanks,
Senthil
Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - May 17 2009 :  02:26:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
aum

divine senthil,

will love to guide more. please email aananda27@aol.com

jai guruve thunai

nandhi
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000