Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Just now
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2008 :  4:36:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Just now.....
One of these quiet evenings at home....

Everything gets done......there is watering and tending to the flowers. (Living in a tiny flat, but always with many flowers)......there is singing of the song “Winter apple”.....there is frying of fish.....cutting of bread.....peeling of carrots.

The candle on the table is lit. There is eating while reading a paper. There is commenting from mind "you should not read while you eat – you should be present"......and when no attention is drawn, the comment stands alone in space.......about as long as smoke from a blown out candle. The reading continues in the quietude.

And there is dishwashing.

Particularly the dishwashing.......is very quiet. The hands immersed in hot water......the reflection of the water.....the faucet.......the sensuous touch of every object......the flowing intelligent movements.......and all the time the lucidness. The meaningfulness of everything simply is. And yet – there is no particular meaning. And nothing – absolutely nothing – could be any other way.

And then there is tea.
Preparing for tea is a quiet joy. Preparing for it is perhaps even more joyous than drinking it

Then the forum.
And the "bathing the devine" post from Sparkle
The presence of reverence......

Everything....... is within. There simply is no "without". But there is a spilling.......Every thing is spilling up from a depth not fathomable.....
This within is not promting any more questions......nothing to be solved at a future time or a different space.

A continuous stopping and yet everything still happens.

One has to smile easily

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2008 :  03:42:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow Katrine, you have centred me for the day, as I read your post I could feel myself slowing down and down, feel the dishes being washed, the reverence in everything touched, felt, seen.

Thank you
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000