Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 purple dinosaur meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  03:57:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I was half kidding about this in another post, but I thought it'd be fun. I'm currently reading "The comic spirit in Zen". I really dig Zen philosophy, or rather Zen lack of Philosophy haha.

and soooo, I have now decided to replace my breath awareness meditation (and occasional I am mantra) with the image of a purple dinosaur.

I know "I am" has a certain vibratory quality, and so on and so forth.... please don't try and talk me out of this, it will just make me want to do it even more :) haha.

To be honest, I'm just hoping to bring out the Zen in a few of you seekers. The whole point of seeking is to exhaust seeking right? hehe :)
If anyone wishes to join me, I think Yogani also mentioned something about a banana as object of meditation hehe.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm doing this more for myself than any of you guys, the seeker is still strong in me, this is just my way of knowing that all that spiritual mumbo jumbo I read really... matters not.

I'll be taking this very seriously, in a non serious sort of way :). Tis the way of Zen haha.

Anyway, stick around folks, i'll be posting some updates on my ventures into the purple dinosaur meditation.

also,

I'll still be practicing spinal breathing beforehand.

And my current "spiritual" state or whatever you wanna call it... I have occasional "ecstatic bliss" throughout the day. Some moments of "bliss" maybe on a weekly sort of basis during the day, and like every second day during meditation or so... bliss is that state where you're more the silence behind the thoughts than the thoughts sorta deal I think... right? bah, you guys know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, peace out folks. I look forward to seeing the emptiness behind images of purple dinosaurs. This is gonna be way too easy hahaha.

and a big fat zen MU to all of you :).

Edited by - AYPforum on Apr 04 2008 04:11:52 AM

Black Rebel Radio

USA
98 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  08:31:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Rebel Radio's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
*Yankee Doodle Dandy is playing .... ;-0*

I'm sorry but due to the scarring from watching a big purple dinosaur for so many years while my children were toddlers, I will be unable to use the purple dinosaur. Too much distraction....And I'm sure there is some sort of syndication/licensing fee.

Mac

*music fades*
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  10:22:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
would it be any less offensive if barney was in camos?
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2008 :  5:37:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
barney in camos ehh? I dig, the least sense I can make out of it, the better haha.

Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2008 :  08:50:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When there comes an accountability for the frivolity of your practice and you have turned purple and are full of stuffing, don't expect myself, yogani, or other forum members to come to your aid as your spiritual intercessor. You have been forewarned.

That is all:

VIL
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2008 :  11:34:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I took a small break from meditating, had to let some excessive "head heavy" energy calm itself down a bit.

Though I did the barney meditation yesterday. My "form" of meditation was as formless as possible. I thought at first of using a meditation method I read by Osho about looking at an object, then closing your eyes, seeing it with your "inner vision" and letting it fade away, buuuuut instead, I just printed out a picture of Barney, took a quick glance at it, and off I was in meditation.

I'd never done any closed eye sort of "visual" meditations, and I must say, it was a little complicated really picturing barney in my head, though... keeping on with "formlessness" I made no problem of this "difficulty". It was all about getting in touch with the subtleties of mind creation. Even if his feet were too short, or his color off a bit... I just watched, as my mind pieced together barney as well as it could and struggled to keep the complete image in mind.

I found a certain level of stillness. Not as pronounced as when I meditate on my breath. The meditation still felt "akward" and "tricky", but when I allowed myself to simply watch this "akward tricky process" it was rather effective.

I'll continue on with it for a bit, I'd like to see how deep I can take this.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2008 :  01:54:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Divineis

...Philosophy haha.

...more :) haha.

...right? hehe :)

...meditation hehe.

...Zen haha.

...easy hahaha.

...and a big fat zen MU to all of you :).

Haha LOL you got it

Mu to you too

Peace and Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000