New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2005 :  6:26:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lucidinterval1

Best of luck and if you are able could you explain what Tabalaya is?
Paul

Paul,

Ebby has mistyped -- what was intended is 'Talabya' kriya. A variant spelling is Talavya kriya and since Yogani used it here, I'll follow that for uniformity.

I'll take a go at that question. Perhaps Ebby can correct my description of it if it is wrong. This is from the forum archive:

--- In AYPforum@yahoogroups.com, "G. LeBlanc" <gleblanc@t...> wrote:
> Is it possible to do Kechari mudra without manually cutting the
tongue, if so can you please share ideas and techniques for doing so.
>
> Thanks
>
> Greg
>

Hi Greg,

there is a technique known as 'talavya kriya' (or talabya kriya) in
which the frenum is slowly torn bit by bit, over the years, on the
lower teeth. Search for 'talavya' in the forum to see some
discussion. I can't find any direct instructions on talabya kriya on
the internet, but I have seen a diagram before. It's basically
pulling the tongue out as far as you can and scraping the bottom of
it on the lower teeth. It will be most effective when the bottom is
really taut.

See in particular #305 where I show Yogani's views on it.

Some people believe that talavya does not involve tearing the frenum
fibers, but that it still works. I'm not inclined to believe that
but I can't say. I think it's just a low-tech method, more
appealing to the naturalistic-fallacious point of view, but less
effective than the clipping, and, ironically, actually *more*
traumatic to the tongue.

When done properly, by the way, frenum-snipping is no big deal at
all.

Best regards,

-D

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Patricia,

I happen to know that Yogani does not recommend "talavya" kriya. I
agree with him. But let me not misquote him, so I will quote
directly from a private correspondance I have from him (maybe it is
posted somewhere, I don't know):

>>>>> Then there is talavya kriya, which is cutting the frenum the
hard way, with the lower teeth. Forget that -- unless you are a
masochist, and have 50 years to get into kechari, and then still
coming up way short. Trimming in tiny steps over time is the fastest
and easiest way for people who are serious about kechari. Then the
tongue will get as long as it needs to without going to any extreme
measures. Of course, there are many who think the trimming is
extreme. Well, it works the best for getting into kechari, and that
is the proof of the pudding. -- Yogani

-D

Go to Top of Page

veritasophia

USA
9 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2005 :  9:45:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit veritasophia's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lucidinterval1
Best of luck and if you are able could you explain what Tabalaya is?

Here is a desrcription of talavya kriya I put in another thread (its in the yahoo forum archive, probably hard to find):

"I'll try to clarify talabya kriya if you are still interested.

What you do is stick the top of your tongue (where the taste buds are) to the top of your mouth. Then applying suction so the 2 will stay together (tongue and top of mouth) you open your mouth, when the suction brakes (from opening your mouth wide) immediately stick your tongue out as far as it goes. [note: Some people stick the underside of their tongue to the top of their mouth, however it doesn't seem as effective to me, you can decide for yourself.]

quote:
(a) what the sucking action is for, since the tongue can be moved up using its own musculature

I think its for an extra stretch to the tongue (especially the back portion) at least that is what I feel is happening.
quote:
(b) how the teeth are involved in this exercise

When the suction brakes and you thrust your tongue out, it will rub against your lower teeth. When I was doing talabya kriya often, my frenum even got a little "torn" from the practice.
quote:
(c) what exactly 'stretch with the mouth opening' means

As mentioned in the answer to the first question, when your tongue is stuck to the top of your mouth through suctioning; as you open your mouth wide, you should feel a stretch.

I have been doing talabya kriya and milking for a while with very little progress. I have started snipping a little over a week ago (2 snipping sessions so far) and the results have been dramatic. If you can get over nipping your frenum it is, from my experience, the quickest way to get into kechari. I'm not there yet but its getting really close!
"

Go to Top of Page

ebby

Germany
8 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2005 :  08:19:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit ebby's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
[
Thank you very much Victor, I will truly try my best and not be so over anxious and cut to deeply.

Ebony-Khadija Davis
Go to Top of Page

ebby

Germany
8 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2005 :  07:12:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit ebby's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I snipped my tongue's frenulum last night. There is just a little soreness where the snip is. There was very little blood and the bleeding stopped almost immediately. However, I do have a question. Once this is done will there be need to do this again? I looked at the area of frenulum this morning and it seemed to have shrunken as I rolled back my tongue. There is no protrusion of the frenulum. So I am assuming I did the snip correctly. I guess I will know more when the area has healed. So wishing all a wonderful day and greetings from Germany. Om Shanti

Ebony-Khadija Davis
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2005 :  09:54:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hello Ebby,

Congratulations on taking the plunge! Not bad, eh?

You have probably gotten rid of the frenal membrane which is the forward-most web-like part of the frenum. Sometimes one single little snip gets rid of that -- this seems to have happened in your case. In my case it took two.

There is plenty more frenum in there. What will be left is probably a little bulging ridge running up the center. Further towards the bottom it may be squishier and fatter and more inside the tongue.

If you want, wait until it heals and re-assess it then.

Best regards,

-David

quote:
Originally posted by ebby

Well, I snipped my tongue's frenulum last night. There is just a little soreness where the snip is. There was very little blood and the bleeding stopped almost immediately. However, I do have a question. Once this is done will there be need to do this again? I looked at the area of frenulum this morning and it seemed to have shrunken as I rolled back my tongue. There is no protrusion of the frenulum. So I am assuming I did the snip correctly. I guess I will know more when the area has healed. So wishing all a wonderful day and greetings from Germany. Om Shanti

Ebony-Khadija Davis

Go to Top of Page

ebby

Germany
8 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2005 :  09:43:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit ebby's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello to everyone, I hope all are in good spirits and health. Two days ago, I did my first snipping. It went rather well. It bled a little and stop just as fast as it appeared. However, I am sure that more snipping will be necessary. I guess it is best to wait until the first snip is healed before commencing again with the next bit of cutting. So, I wish all a wonderful weekend. Receive a warm embrace straigt from Germany. Ebby

Ebony-Khadija Davis
Go to Top of Page

ebby

Germany
8 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2005 :  09:52:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit ebby's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh my Godl, how silly, I did not read the messages before, I was stuck on page one. Thank you all for writing and the info. Wishing you all a again a wonderful weekend. Aum Shanti.

Ebony-Khadija Davis
Go to Top of Page

brauniver

Switzerland
42 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2005 :  8:30:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit brauniver's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lambika Yoga: Practice of Khechari Mudra - Lambika Yoga
By Sri Swami Sivananda

Lambika Yoga

Practice of Khechari Mudra is Lambika Yoga. The technique of the Mudra is explained below. He who practises this Mudra will have neither hunger nor thirst. He can walk in the sky. This Yoga is beset with difficulties.

This is a very difficult Yoga. It has to be learnt under a developed Yogi Guru who has practised this Yoga for a long time and attained full success.

It is kept secret by Yogis. It confers great Siddhis or powers. It is a great help to control the mind.

He who has attained success in this Mudra, will have neither hunger nor thirst. He can control his Prana quite easily.

Khechari Mudra, Yoni Mudra or Shanmukhi Mudra, Sambhavi Mudra, Asvini Mudra, Maha Mudra and Yoga Mudra are the important Mudras. Among these Mudras, Khechari Mudra is the foremost. It is the king of the Mudras. Mudra means a seal. It puts a seal to the mind and Prana. Mind and Prana come under the control of a Yogi.

Khechari Mudra consists of two important Kriyas viz., Chhedan and Dohan.

The lower part of the front portion of the tongue, the frenum lingua, is cut to the extent of a hair's breadth with a sharp knife once in a week. Afterwards powder of turmeric is dusted over it. This is continued for some months. This is Chhedan.

Afterwards the Yogic student applies butter to the tongue and lengthens it daily. He draws the tongue in such a way that it is similar to the process of milking the udder of a cow. This is Dohan.

When the tongue is sufficiently long (it should touch the tip of the nose) the student folds it, takes it back and closes the posterior portion of the nostrils. Now he sits and meditates. The breath stops completely.

For some the cutting and the lengthening of the tongue is not necessary. They are born with a long tongue.

He who has attained perfection in this Mudra becomes a walker in the sky. Queen Chudala had this Siddhi or power.

He who has purity and other divine virtues, who is free from desire, greed and lust, who is endowed with dispassion, discrimination and strong aspiration or longing for liberation will be benefited by the practice of this Mudra.

The Mudra helps the Yogi to get himself buried underneath the ground.

Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2005 :  02:19:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"The Mudra helps the Yogi to get himself buried underneath the ground."

This will happen to all of us soon enough with or without kechari!

but seriously, it refers to the ability to go long periods of time without needing much air. Some yogis bury themselves in underground chambers to demonstrate their control of prana as they remain unharmed by lack of air.
Go to Top of Page

brauniver

Switzerland
42 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2005 :  12:14:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit brauniver's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@ Victor

You wrote in an other threat about the discussion in the yahoo group about cutting the frenum. Could you please give me the www. adress?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

quickstudy

USA
20 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2005 :  3:07:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit quickstudy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi:

See lessons #108 & #223 on kechari and frenum snipping at http://www.aypsite.org/108.html and http://www.aypsite.org/223.html The AYP topic index on the top menu of any lesson page has more lesson links on kechari too.

You can find all the forum discussions on kechari by searching on it (or maybe "kechari frenum" or "kechari snip") either from "search" on the forum top menu or from the Google site search page at http://www.aypsite.org/SiteSearch.html
Go to Top of Page

brauniver

Switzerland
42 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2005 :  6:24:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit brauniver's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The lessons on khechari mudra at www.aypsite.org I read already but I thought the sites at yahoo group is something different.

THANKS anyway!
Go to Top of Page

quickstudy

USA
20 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2005 :  12:14:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit quickstudy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The Yahoo group lessons are the same as on aypsite.org. The Yahoo group forum is additional discussions by members and is copied to the forums here, and is searchable here. It is not necessary to go back to Yahoo for any of it. It is all here on aypsite.org in the lessons and forums.

Best wishes.
Go to Top of Page

brauniver

Switzerland
42 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  07:29:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit brauniver's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks!

I just recovered that that is MUCH more than a forum. That is great !
I already ordered the book at amazon.

THANKS to all!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000