New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2008 :  11:45:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Lookatmynavelnow
God save us all! (giggle)

Welcome!

Just remember, God helps those who help themselves.

TI
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2008 :  12:00:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

Tonight I did cut number 4. I guess I cut off a bit bigger than a hair and it bled quite a bit. It didn't hurt, but I must admit that I had kind of a reaction to the bleeding, seeing so much blood or something. (Aren't men wuses?) My crown, down through the arms to my hands and my front channel down to the solar plexus opened up. I could see a whitish texture of light covering or inside those channels and it felt like those parts had become a field of etheric conductivity. The light was larger in the crown and hands and there are channels that look like lines about 1/8 inch from each other running up and down my arms. Interesting experience. After, I went and meditated for 40 minutes. It was very nice as that seems to have really opened up my sinuses.

TI

Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  3:36:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have an important question for all of you:

Is there tension in your soft palette, when you guys go into kechari or not?
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  5:30:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There will be some tension at first but it should pass with time
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  03:50:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A better question, that I should have asked is whether, tension in the soft palette is useful or not when trying to get into kechari?
Go to Top of Page

sparkyfoxMD

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  03:42:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit sparkyfoxMD's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
actually think stretching the soft palate is just as important!
Go to Top of Page

Nitika

India
1 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2008 :  09:41:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nitika's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

This is Nitika here. I have followed the posts on Khechari Mudra on AYP forum for quite some time and would like to say well done to all of you! on the path of your sadhna :)

There is a question inside me which prompted to send this post and that is regd. the laser surgery for frenulum removal.

I wanted to understand that, does the frenulum removal result in losing some control over the movement of the tongue while performing Khechari?

Would the fingers start playing a major part in pushing the toungue behind the uvula, or does a person have full control over the tongue movement without fingers?

Would really appreciate if you could advice me regarding the same.

Thanking you...

Nitika
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2008 :  2:54:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Nitika

Hi all,

This is Nitika here. I have followed the posts on Khechari Mudra on AYP forum for quite some time and would like to say well done to all of you! on the path of your sadhna :)

There is a question inside me which prompted to send this post and that is regd. the laser surgery for frenulum removal.

I wanted to understand that, does the frenulum removal result in losing some control over the movement of the tongue while performing Khechari?

Would the fingers start playing a major part in pushing the toungue behind the uvula, or does a person have full control over the tongue movement without fingers?

Would really appreciate if you could advice me regarding the same.

Thanking you...

Nitika

Hi Nitika, and welcome to the forums!

By whatever means the frenum may be reduced or removed, I am not aware of any cases where this has caused loss of control of the tongue for kechari, or anything else like speech, swallowing, etc. Experience with kechari here goes back back several decades, so this is a long time observation. There are also many in the AYP community who are using kechari mudra who may wish to comment on this.

Finger help may be used to assist with initial entry of the tongue into the nasal pharynx. With practice, finger help may not be necessary later on. See AYP main lesson 108 on this: http://www.aypsite.org/108.html
...and follow-up lessons linked in the website topic index.

There is also a lot of discussion on kechari in these forums, as you know -- many first-hand reports and case histories.

Wishing you all the best on your path. Enjoy!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

RO0o

Argentina
40 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2008 :  07:10:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit RO0o's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

I have a question, Does the soft palate have a frenum too? I touch some kind of frenum with my tongue behind the soft palate, but don't know what it is.
Also, at the moment, the tension on the soft palate no longer bothers, but over salivation is really distracting. Will it go away with time?
Do you guys put something on your lap to catch it, or just come out of kechari and swallow it? This last one I find it very annoying since the amounts of saliva are really excessive.
Go to Top of Page

lucidinterval1

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2008 :  08:56:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't know what you are referring to with the frenum behind the palate. The dangly thingy does tend to get pushed into the opening behind the palate.

As for the saliva, it does settle down. For me it took a couple of weeks.

Peace,
Paul
Go to Top of Page

RO0o

Argentina
40 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2008 :  09:23:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit RO0o's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It would be above the soft palate, I mean if you go up pushing your soft palate (downwards/forward)until the tongue can rest on it without coming out by itself I find some kind of frenum up there.
Maybe I am doing it the wrong way. I rest my tongue on the soft palate. I cannot see my tongue but the uvula is visible while in kechari. Should the uvula go up with the tongue? I find that kind of uncomfortable.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2008 :  11:15:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by RO0o

Hi all,

I have a question, Does the soft palate have a frenum too? I touch some kind of frenum with my tongue behind the soft palate, but don't know what it is.
Also, at the moment, the tension on the soft palate no longer bothers, but over salivation is really distracting. Will it go away with time?
Do you guys put something on your lap to catch it, or just come out of kechari and swallow it? This last one I find it very annoying since the amounts of saliva are really excessive.

Hi RO0o,
I think you are talking about the elastic tendon that Yogani talks about in his lesson Lesson 108 - Kechari mudra – A giant leap for humankind

Stage 2 is very dramatic. The tongue is pushed back with a finger to the left or right side of the soft palate. These are the shortest pathways leading behind the soft palate. One of these will be shorter than the other. At some point you will experiment and see for yourself. The long way in is up the middle. The soft palate has an elastic tendon running across the back edge. When the tip of the tongue gets behind it for the first time, the elastic tendon can slip quickly around the bottom of the tongue as though grabbing it. Then the tongue is suddenly in the nasal pharynx and touching the edge of the nasal septum for the first time.

Does this sound like what you are experiencing?

Also yes, the excess saliva will go away. In my case, I would keep getting out of kechari and swallow.. but do what seems right to you. This phase wont last too long so don't let it annoy you.

From the same lesson:
When we are up in stage 2 kechari, saliva will accumulate in the mouth down below. Since we can't swallow what is in our mouth with our tongue going up into the nasal pharynx, and we don't want to drool, then we come out of kechari as necessary to swallow the saliva in our mouth. In the early adjustment period to stage 2 kechari there can be a lot of saliva, so we will have to swallow more often. In time, the saliva goes back to normal levels, and coming out of kechari to swallow will become infrequent.

Wish you all the best.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2008 :  11:25:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by RO0o

It would be above the soft palate, I mean if you go up pushing your soft palate (downwards/forward)until the tongue can rest on it without coming out by itself I find some kind of frenum up there.
Maybe I am doing it the wrong way. I rest my tongue on the soft palate. I cannot see my tongue but the uvula is visible while in kechari. Should the uvula go up with the tongue? I find that kind of uncomfortable.

Orrrr.. it could be you are feeling the nasal septum..
http://www.aypsite.org/108.html
In the beginning of stage 2 kechari we will be curious. We are in a new place and want to find out what is in the pharynx. There is the sensitive septum, the "altar of bliss." We have no problem finding that, and realizing that the best way to do pranayama and meditation is with our tongue resting on the septum. It is like having a powerful siddhasana working simultaneously on the other end of the spinal nerve, awakening our entire nervous system from the top end. When we are not enjoying bliss at the septum, we will no doubt explore, finding the prominent "trumpets" of the eustachian tubes on either side of the nasal passages. We also can't miss the entrances to the nasal passages on either side of the septum, and quickly find the extremely sensitive erectile tissues inside them. Too much. Better stay away from those for a while. So, we go up the septum on our journey to the top of the pharynx, to stage 3. For some this is a short journey. For others, it can take a long time. In going there we expose the full length of the edge of the septum to our tongue, and prepare ourselves to eventually enter the nasal passages and go higher.
Go to Top of Page

RO0o

Argentina
40 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2008 :  10:12:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit RO0o's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti,

Yup I believe it must be that elastic tendon, I can feel it with the tip of my tongue as I try to go up.
It would be great right now if my car could run on saliva lol.
Well...will be swallowing saliva for the next days. See you later.

Thank you very mucho
Go to Top of Page

Moggio

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2009 :  11:08:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Moggio's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello,

I've just discovered Kechari after a few years of pranayama.

Wow.

I'm just able to extend the tip of my tongue into that squishy part right behind the roof of my mouth.

The very first thing I noticed, is that my spine became even straighter, a more perfect posture. This happens every time, even when I think my spine is as straight as can be.

The second thing, as many of you have remarked, is the super-proliferation of saliva. It's pretty funny I think.

This mudra is like shifting into sixth gear. I can't perform it too long, but even a little, I've noticed yields definate results.

Well, I registered to thank you all for sharing the information in this thread, it certainly has inspired me to continue on with this wonderful practice.

Okay, I'll be checking out this forum a bit more. See ya...
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2009 :  12:59:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi moggio and welcome, about the saliva that will become less and you would be able to stay as long as you want during ketchari later on.

good things are happening , carry on.
Go to Top of Page

miranda6540

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2009 :  4:53:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit miranda6540's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Victor, Donny sent me here from E-Sangha cos I made a thread about kechari but there weren't that many people there to talk about it. I have been doing this since I was a little girl and wanted to talk to someone about where to take it once you can reach into the nasal passages and the eyebrow/flower. I do this throughout the day and find that I don't really suffer from illnesses that go around and was wondering if anyone else out there could relate to this and would share their insight?

Thanks a lot

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2009 :  05:08:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Miranda,

Welcome to the forum.

I know your post was directed to Victor, so I hope you don't mind me chiming in.

Kechari Mudra is covered in detail by Yogani here:

But if you have been practicing since your childhood you will know most of the mechanics of it already. The reason that you don't suffer much from illnesses could be related to this mudra. Kechari as I am sure you know, is a big activator of energy in the body. One of the main reasons we suffer from illnesses is because of poor energy flows and blockages in the subtle nervous system, so when these are cleared out and the energy is flowing well, hey presto... good health.

And that's not the end of the story... we also start to radiate that energy outward to others around us, which helps to improve their health too. Magic isn't it? Here in AYP it is called ecstatic radiance and kechari mudra can play a big part in it.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2009 :  09:54:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by miranda6540

Hey Victor, Donny sent me here from E-Sangha cos I made a thread about kechari but there weren't that many people there to talk about it. I have been doing this since I was a little girl and wanted to talk to someone about where to take it once you can reach into the nasal passages and the eyebrow/flower. I do this throughout the day and find that I don't really suffer from illnesses that go around and was wondering if anyone else out there could relate to this and would share their insight?

Thanks a lot

Hi Miranda,

Welcome to the forum.

From what you have written you seem to be in Stage 4 kechari:
quote:
Stage 4 – Entering the nasal passages from inside and moving upward beyond the top of the pharynx toward the point between the eyebrows. It is not as far for the tongue to go as it seems. Put you thumb on the hinge of your jaw and put your index finger at the tip of your tongue extended straight out. Then pivot the fixed length to your index finger up on your thumb to the point between your eyebrows. See? It is not so far for the tongue to go straight up from its root.

Stage 4 is another dramatic step. It could be years away from stage 2&3. Everyone will be different in approaching it. There is a trick to it. The nasal passages are tall and narrow and the tongue is narrow and wide, so the tongue can only go into the nasal passages by turning on its side. But which side? One way works better than the other. The tongue can naturally be turned with the top to the center by following the channel on top of the trumpet of each eustachian tube into its adjacent nasal passage. This naturally turns the top of the tongue to the center and allows it to slide up the side of the septum into the nasal passage. Turning the tongue inward to the center is the way up into the passages. Entering stage 4 is as dramatic as entering stage 2, because the tissues in the nasal passages are extremely sensitive, and connecting with them in the way described takes the nervous system to yet a higher level. Stage 4 provides extensive stimulation of the upper ends of the sushumna, ida, and pingala, and this has huge effects throughout the nervous system, especially when combined with our pranayama and its associated bandhas and mudras.

The next step is stage 5 which is covered in Yogani's book Advanced Yoga Practices - Easy Lessons for Ecstatic Living where in the tongue is moved into the throat toward the heart. This is a very advanced stage and most people may not be inclined to go that far.

Do you practice meditation and/or any other spiritual practices other than kechari? Kechari becomes a very powerful practice when combined with Spinal breathing pranayama and meditation.

Here are some discussions on Stage 4 kechari.
Kechari Stage 4 + Pranayama
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ID=1288#8974
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=2795#24494
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=1766#13877

Hope these help.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2009 :  6:21:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
something i want you guys to try:

go as far up as you can up the nasal septum. as far as you can. try to touch your eyeballs lol

from there move your tongue to the backside of your head.

this is where the pituitary is
Go to Top of Page

RSS

USA
69 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  07:55:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit RSS's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, I'm still trying to get a handle on this after-odor thing that I get after doing Kechari. I know that the lessons and other text talk about a nectar or smell of flowers. If it's flowers, they're dead flowers. It doesn't happen during Kechari - only immediately after it and only for about 30 seconds. Also, it happened in stage 1 and now that I can do stage 2 I get the same after-smell. Could this have something to do with sinus. Anyone else experiencing something like this?
Bob
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  08:02:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bob,
Yes the smell has to do with sinuses.. I have that happening a lot too. Last summer I went to India and had a real bad sinus infection, and although I don't seem to be congested any more, I get that real bad odor when I do kechari (because it opens up sinus passages) or at times after my sitting practice (purification?). The only thing I know of is doing jala neti. Not sure if anyone else has any other ideas.

Edited by - Shanti on Mar 17 2009 08:33:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

Neptune

99 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  09:50:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Neptune's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Meat eater's mouth is my guess.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  10:15:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Neptune

Meat eater's mouth is my guess.

What's a meat eater's mouth?

It does sound like a sinus inflammation/infection:
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Respi...es/1074.html

I however don't have a post nasal drip. I do get sinus headaches at times and my left ear seems to be blocked at times and the sinus passages behind my head are tender. Like I said, this did start after suffering from a very bad sinus infection last summer.

Edited by - Shanti on Mar 17 2009 10:24:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

RSS

USA
69 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  2:16:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit RSS's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think "meat eaters mouth" is the case here. I've been a vegetarian for the last 33 years. Two years of it was raw food and a lot of fasting. Any meat residue should be long gone. And besides, the odor is not really bad. Just different, and not like the nectar of flowers that I read about.

I do agree with Shanti that this may have something to do with the sinuses. Maybe tongue pressure on the roof of the mouth near the soft tissue from either direction up or down (stage 1 or stage 2) stimulates a sinus or something.

Another point of interest. I just hit stage 2 last week after about 1 and 1/2 months of working on it. The big progress came about 2 weeks ago when I was over stretching the tongue by pushing it back with my finger and sticking it out of my mouth as far as it would go every chance I got. I stretched the tendon so much that week that I think I created some micro tears in it. I can feel them when I run my finger down the tendon. This over stretching might be the "natural" equivalent of snipping. Just some food for thought.

I was just curious if anyone else got this. It's kind of interesting.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000