New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2010 :  11:44:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
rain
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  05:04:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
After experimenting with many inspirational and metitation CDs I find that Divine Sound by Omdasji Maharaj is the first by far. Not only does it develop your energy and calm your consciousness but it is grounding at the same time. Nothing else comes close.

Turya nada by Tapasyogi is also good (the fourth track on the 1st CD). The spontaneous praise to Babaji has me chanting along each time! But I found that this CD wasn't able to ground me when I needed it.

My theory is that not only is the music and the chanting itself that are important, but the state of consciousness of the person performing/producing the music and the chanting is also crucial. So its better to listen to chants sung by Saints and Devis or those whom you know are of a high spiritual caliber.
Go to Top of Page

Wayne

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  8:23:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"RipTiz" Dave....Could please click on my name and e-mail information on how to obtain a copy of the Divine Sound CD if they are still available. I've just joined the forum and am not able to send e-mails to anyone yet.
Thanks, Wayne
Go to Top of Page

wakeupneo

USA
171 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  11:06:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit wakeupneo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Listened to a clip of Divine Sound by Omdasji Maharaj.

it is powerful, how can one get there hands on this?

could one provide a link?

j
Go to Top of Page

Phaedris

USA
21 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  9:36:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjfY...yer_embedded

Ultimate Om by Jonathan Goldman
The God Parfum II by Al Gromer Khan

Phaedris

Go to Top of Page

Phaedris

USA
21 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  9:44:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, I am really tired! I meant "Music in the Key of Om" by Jack Dejohnette Ultimate Om is good, maybe very good, but not great like MiTKoO.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2011 :  07:38:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by wakeupneo

Listened to a clip of Divine Sound by Omdasji Maharaj.

it is powerful, how can one get there hands on this?

could one provide a link?

j

You can contact Riptz for details on this. Just click on his name in the member list and send him an email.
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2011 :  5:18:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,
Sorry I did not reply earlier as I only got back from India and visiting guruji yesterday.The Divine Sound recorded by him is as stated a very powerful and effective method of enhancing meditation and progress on the path.Please contact me on riptiz@yahoo.co.uk for details of the recording.
L&L
Dave
p.s. Had a great time on the ashram and some awesome food also.
Go to Top of Page

Phaedris

USA
21 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2011 :  12:08:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I noticed when I visited India in October all the American visitors were loving the food. The taste was mostly just OK as far as I was concerned, but I have to say that my body LOVED it. I've had difficulty eating since I returned to the US in mid-October. Recently I realized that I need to start cooking Indian food even though I don't really want to!

The divine commands and I ignore the call at my peril.

Namaste,
Phaedris
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000