New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2013 :  3:08:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I hope everyone does not mind, but I thought it was worthwhile to "bump" Shanti's excellent thread. It also relates very well to the four types of energies thread.

As Yogani touches on with different words, if one can extend Shanti's technique all the way to before the "pre-thought", one can find/access the "light" (my 3rd type of energy). It is almost like there is a little door there one can open to the energy/light...

quote:
Originally posted by yogani

The more we are picking up pre-thought, the more powerful samyama is, and the less we are grinding on gross thinking in the body-mind. This is a natural evolution that comes with deep meditation (cultivating the witness) and samyama (cultivating action from within the witness). It can't be forced. It is an evolution in stillness. We just favor less, and less will gradually come. And, as we know, less is more.

Enjoy the moment.

Best, Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2013 :  3:47:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti & everybody,

Shanti you said you are lazy with trying new things and stick to basic AYP,I'm totally the opposite I tend to experiment....But I'm lazy in reading & if what I'll mention here doesn't relate to what have been discussed...Excuse my laziness in advance.

I tried something the night before yesterday.... I picked something I love ...and it was "You" .What to do!you've been out of sight for long....& for the first time,I was persistence in a thought....& then I was in a field of butterflies....and butterflies and butterflies again.Then I found myself in your living room with four other persons...I could hear the talks and laughs & I was happy I'm in your presence...then the thought of how ethical / non ethical that is pulled me out of there...

Good to see...even if it was just hallucination

Another thing I tried lately is dropping my namein Silence few times samyama style....my goodness! ...

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2013 :  7:00:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Namath,

I am right here my dear, and you and many others are right here as well in my heart... where could I go?

And regarding ethics, you are always welcome in my house...next time,  just give me a little warning so I can clean up my living room... sorry about the mess it was in.

What you tried may have been staying in the energy before the thought, that is the energy we can use to manifest (with intention), if the energy is put into the thought, it is used up, but if we can stay in the energy just before the thought forms, we can use it to create with intention (in this case you used it to create my living room and me).

Taking ones own name in samyama... never thought about trying that... seems like your experience has been good with that.

Thank you for your loving always! 
Much love to you!
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2013 :  06:52:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
...lol

Yes might have been what happened,Stayed with the energy and sniffed my way through to you

"Taking ones own name in samyama... never thought about trying that... seems like your experience has been good with that. "

looks good,I don't know...Seemed deeper than the deepest self inquiry...Going out of it fell like falling from no objects realm to objects realm.Took sometime to identify where Iam and who I am : "this is a christmas tree...and this is a couch...I'm in a room and I know this room...it's where I live...But who am I...Yes right...Namath...Something like that

Love as Always,
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2013 :  09:33:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Namath,

Very cool with the astral projection. Sounds like you have gotten the hang of Shanti's exercise. As you have seen, you can give "form" to the energy. In your case, the "light" was given form as mental energy (astral). So you basically turbo charged your natural mental energy ability. Shanti's exercise is most effective if you don't give the light any form. Try to just feel (or watch) it.

Peace +
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2013 :  10:35:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jeff

Try to just feel (or watch) it.

Peace +

Deal

Thank you Jeff-ji.

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2013 :  11:24:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Namath

"Taking ones own name in samyama... never thought about trying that... seems like your experience has been good with that. "

looks good,I don't know...Seemed deeper than the deepest self inquiry...Going out of it fell like falling from no objects realm to objects realm.Took sometime to identify where Iam and who I am : "this is a christmas tree...and this is a couch...I'm in a room and I know this room...it's where I live...But who am I...Yes right...Namath...Something like that

Sounds beautiful! Seems like a "who am I" kinda inquiry, but since there is no question, it is at a more subtle (undefined) level. That is what inquiry with samyama refines into. Thanks for sharing it here Namath.
Go to Top of Page

NewbieGG

Bulgaria
52 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2014 :  07:27:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice topic Shanti , thanks for directing me here . I tried these little tricks you suggest :) and all of them work instant . The difference with me is that when I get in the gap the wave of energy that rises to my third eye is not perceived as bliss but just as energy charge and it causes symptoms of overload . It is really amazing for me how this undiscovered subtle mechanics work in a human body . A nice metaphor will be if we say the third eye is a light bulb , sushumna is a wire and root is a battery :) My light bulb needs some more cleaning and polishing i guess :)
Thanks to all for the sharring
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2014 :  08:51:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Very cool! What you are experiencing is the energy just before the gap, and it is very powerful...
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....page=2#83564
quote:
Originally posted by NewbieGG

The difference with me is that when I get in the gap the wave of energy that rises to my third eye is not perceived as bliss but just as energy charge and it causes symptoms of overload .

Now... instead of doing this practice in your head, do it in your heart... so first bring your attention into your heart, then bring up a thought, thinking from the heart (http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=6740)...
When you can do this, there is a good chance you wont feel overloaded. Let me know if you try it and if it works.

PS: If this practice is too much.. keep it tucked at the back of your mind somewhere and it will come to you when you need it. Overloads are not fun... so baby steps.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000