Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Anastasia by Vladimir Megre
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  11:30:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
"The story began in 1994 on the bank of the River Ob amidst the endless expanses of the Siberian taiga. The well-known Siberian entrepreneur Vladimir Megre met with two elderly gentlemen who told him about the amazing properties of the Siberian cedar (also known in the West as the Siberian pine ). At first he didn't pay much attention to what they told him, but as he continued to reflect on it, Vladimir began to discover, in the historical and scientific literature he examined, more and more evidence supporting their words. Finally he decided to organize an expedition with a fleet of river steamers. The expedition was ostensibly for commercial purposes, but in actual fact his overriding motivation was to find the elders again and learn more about the secrets of the cedar."

Has anyone read this volume of books? I would like to know more about them; I will be looking for them in used bookstores in the area.

http://www.anastasia.ca/
http://www.ringingcedars.com/

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2008 :  05:45:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Hunter,

I have read the first one, the ringing cesars. I loved it. The author has put some amazing insights into a beautiful novel. Aparently as you read the whole series, they just get better and better! I can't wait to read the next one.

I should warn you though, there is a funny twist at the end, where the author claims that the whole story was real, and actually happened to him. Who knows... maybe it did. Or maybe it's a good way of selling books, in the line of Carlos Castaneda?

Christi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000