Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guy_51

USA
170 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  08:33:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Guy_51's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
With the passing of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, may he rest in peace. Thank you for your work here on earth.
Guy

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  11:08:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was always grateful for being able to learn TM and I practiced it many years. That practice gave me so much including my first understanding and experience of the one-ness of all that is. Thank you Maharishi for spreading more knowledge of meditation through the world.

May you go forward in peace and light.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  11:21:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

One of the great spiritual teachers of the 20th century.

Without him, and a few others like him, we would not be here now doing what we are doing.

When it is all said and done, what to say?

Thank you, Maharishi, from the fullness of inner silence that you wished for all humankind, and spent a lifetime sharing.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

mikkiji

USA
219 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  11:58:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit mikkiji's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was with Maharishi from 1974-1976, on work-study as a TV camerman, and did some of the thousands of hours of videotapes of him. For the last 7 months, my wife and I followed him back to Europe, where we were trained in an ashram in the Swiss Alps as teachers of TM. He was truly one of the spiritual lights of the 20th century, and the 2 years I spent with him were the most remarkable years of my life. The world has lost a great saint, a source of knowledge and inspiration, and a man who loved humanity and wanted more than anything else to enable us all to realize his vision of fulfillment.

Jai Guru Dev,
Michael
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2008 :  2:48:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It was TM that first introduced me to deep meditation many years ago. I did not keep it up for long at the time for many reasons none of them worth going into here but when I found AYP the training I had with the TM movement made the basic meditation technique soooo easy.

Thank you Maharishi
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  01:32:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hopefully he will take birth on this planet again now.
Go to Top of Page

PeterC

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  11:36:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit PeterC's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have practised TM for thirty years, why are they trying to belittle this man
Thank you Maharishi
Go to Top of Page

Springfield_Slim

3 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  2:37:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Springfield_Slim's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maharishi,

Jai Guru Dev. Thank you. Thank you for your decision to bring your technique of meditation to the West. Because of your decision, I have had some wonderful times ( at residence courses, advanced lectures, potlucks, group meditations, and alone in the wilderness ), I have had some interesting experiences ( both in and out of meditation ), I have made some life-long friends, and I have less stress and more bliss in my life.

With love and gratitude,

Slim
Go to Top of Page

glagbo

USA
53 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  3:43:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit glagbo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Maharishi, for sharing of your immense wisdom with the world.

I discovered your meditation and samyama techniques in my youth.
I dare not even consider how rough the journey through this life would have been
for me without these practices.

Thank you for the gift of knowledge and your light-hearted perspective on Life.

I will always remember you with a smile.

See you in Being.

Thank you Maharishi.

Jai Guru Dev.

B.R.V.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  10:45:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000