I hope this is a phase :-(
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  10:54:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  07:44:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi YB:

quote:
Hi Christi,

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sounds like you got confused between self and Self.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do you mean? I started a new topic on this.

Thanks, yb.

Thanks for starting a new topic: very respectful.
Just adding the topic link for reference:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=3429

Christi
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  08:39:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Christi. I will check out the link. Best, yb.

Oh, just checked it out. It is the new thread.

Edited by - yogibear on Feb 14 2008 09:02:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2008 :  12:30:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, an update

I was "back on track" somewhat for a couple of days and then fell off again. I really thought about it and realized that even during these dry spells I am not regressed. I realized that although I am not walking around spiritually high I am still many times more content than I was pre-AYP. with this in mind I decided to not force myself. I started just doing a stripped down sadhana of just meditation and ill see where that takes me.
i have been going through a period the past year of intense indecision and restlessness about my life and my direction. i am pretty young (turning 21) and bailed out of college a few years ago. since then i am living in my grandparents house in baltimore and though i have come to be somewhat at peace with my environment and situation i have felt overwhelming urges to break out of this stagnation. true spiritually and personally i have come a long way, but i feel like my outside world needs some change to accompany the inside. every few weeks i have an overwhelming urge to dramtaically alter my lifestyle (peace corps, organic volunteering, ashrams, buddhist monastary, go to massage school, move to florida, move to europe, move to india, ect) the phase kicks in very hard and then mellows out and i appreciate my life again...but not for long. anyway, during a meditation a week ago i had this overwhelming urge to go to school for massage - something i have been wanting to do for a long time but havent wanted to fork out the money for loans. it felt so right and i decided since that i am going to make that my goal in the next couple of months. this will help a lot of areas in my life because right now i am living in my family's house paying very low rent and not working much because i can. it is a comfy stagnant swamp im stuck in right now and going to school will shake things up and afterwards ill have the money and resources to begin a new chapter in my life - to enter the holistic health field, meet people like myself, travel, ect.

anyway, the point of all that is to raise the question - could my situation right now on the outside be affecting the one inside? i know there is virtue in being content with the present...but what of moving forward? i had this feeling "ok anthony, its great that youre doing yoga and whatnot...but you cant forget about the outside world. you are 20 years old and still living in your grandparents attic, you hate working 'menial' jobs and talk all the time time about how you want to go to school and follow that path. you inherited the personality of someone who doesnt want to take the step forward to do what needs to be done and all the yoga in the world isnt going to change that."

so i feel right now it is best for me to keep up AYP, though only as much as my will seems to "tolerate", and start for the first time in my life taking the steps to change my situation in life.

what do you guys think of that?
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2008 :  04:07:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by anthony574

so i feel right now it is best for me to keep up AYP, though only as much as my will seems to "tolerate", and start for the first time in my life taking the steps to change my situation in life.

what do you guys think of that?

Sounds good to me
Have a talk with your grandparents and let them know what you
are thinking about your life !
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2008 :  08:15:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go for it!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000