Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Farm wisdom library
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2008 :  01:41:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
1. Meditate in stillness. Then get up and give the mental middle finger to all those "woo-woo" spiritual ideas of attainment, la la la... Forget em.

Find what you love and do it. (Or just love what you happen to be already doing. For example, from time to time on the farm I shovel horse sh*t around...I love it!) Learn from the country folk how to take the time to relate with your neighbors and community.

Learn how to be a good 'ol boy.
Listen to Hank Williams Jr., Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, and don't forget David Allan Coe. This is really good for grounding for those of you who are having trouble with self-pacing. Here, listen to "All My Rowdy Friends": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVpfUURpoVc

Edited by - Hunter on Jan 22 2008 01:45:25 AM

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2008 :  01:48:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
2. Kick up your heels every evening when the sun goes down.

3. Get some sh*t on your boots every once in a while. Yeah, just get out there and kick a big ol' pile of sh*t.(Or if you don't wear shoes like me, get some sh*t on your feet). Especially at times when you start taking everything too seriously and need some grounding.

Edited by - Hunter on Jan 22 2008 02:22:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2008 :  1:07:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
4. Turn off the flash "light" and get comfortable with the darkness.

5. Do the boot scoot boogie and listen to Charlie Daniels Band.

6. When I start to take myself too seriously, I like to watch Larry the Cable Guy. He is my Guru! Git 'er done!!!

Edited by - Hunter on Jan 26 2008 1:30:25 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000