AYPsite.org Forum
 Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 heart experiences whilst hugging
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mjc

3 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2008 :  07:48:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit mjc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

I just want to report a couple of experiences and ask for a little feedback on them, perhaps others more experienced know more about what's happening or whether I'm barking up the wrong tree.

My wife and I were hugging for an hour or so sometime back and whilst there was no intercourse, I kind of drifted off focusing on my heart and kind of imagined our hearts fusing together. Anyway, I started to feel an intense build up of energy there, heavy beating of my heart and after that, forgive me here - I don't know how to describe it well, but an expansion of consciousness, or a deep merging (with her perhaps?)into what I could only describe as magical. Anyway, I realised later she was sleeping throughout! And the same thing happened twice again recently, she was basically drifting off to sleep, not noticing anything and I was moving into 'fantasy land'!! Not that either of us are complaining, it just seems a little odd.

So, after that first experience, I basically realised deep down inside through the experience, what lovemaking is about for me now. The physical part, whilst I'm happy to participate in, seems to pale in comparison. I'm doing the AYP practices and hope to begin the tantra methods outlined too but just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced anything like this, or could I be imagining it?! Is this the sort of thing that happens when lovemaking occurs on a higher level? It just seems weird, she was totally asleep and didn't feel a thing - I woke her up trying to ask if she was feeling anything!

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2008 :  10:53:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for posting!

First of all, don't worry, it's not your imagination! :) But you knew that....

You might want to read this: http://www.healingtaobritain.com/p6...alorgasm.htm

All the things that yield little bursts of bliss in people's lives - physical love, art, music, chocolate, orgasm, whiskey - are lenses which focus the love that's pandemic anyway. And most people mistake the lens for the bliss - one's bliss becomes inextricably linked to something external.

You're starting to disentangle that identification, pulling back the camera to discover a broader, deeper, more slippery connection. Actually, it can untie all the way. As you may suspect, no lens is actually needed at all. So you might want to remain open to the notion that eventually the same experience will possible without your wife (which in no way devalues your wife or diminishes your love for her!). Without anything at all.

I'm not saying it's "better" or "purer" that way. It's not like that! But you may find it quite liberating to merely stay open to the possibility that nothing external is REQUIRED.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Jan 10 2008 10:55:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2008 :  6:04:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi mjc and welcome to the forum.

You might want to check out this website www.multiples.com and in particular look up any information on what they call "heartgasms."

Best wishes,

yb.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2008 :  04:36:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi MJC

This was discussed in the forum a while ago here:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=2412#21259

It is a very beautiful part of the path. You and your wife are very lucky. Even though she was asleep, she will have benefitted greatly from what happened between you. The real self never sleeps.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

mjc

3 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2008 :  09:51:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit mjc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi again,

Thank you all kindly for your replies. It's nice to have this kind of support and to know that I'm not just imagining this. I feel quite blessed to be experiencing it.

Christi, I read that thread you linked me to and was blown away by how easily I could relate to much of what you said. I learned much from it. It's interesting how this has come up in my life just now. One desire which I had struggled with for a long time has been physical sex. Not that I have had loads of experience, far from it in fact. But it's always been on my mind like I assume most men have. Recently however, I kind of accepted it and just started praying, or imagining what it would be like to be free of that desire and then this just came up. Very timely!

If I may ask a couple of questions Christi, how easy is it to overdo this, in regards to self pacing? My wife is happy falling asleep being hugged but I don't want to overdo things, I'm pretty sensitive energy wise. Also, I recall playing with energy whilst embracing maybe a couple of years back and earlier this year and ended up with major, major pain in the testicles and in the piping around the pubic bone. It was agonising! This time I got basically none of that. Any idea of what that might be?

MJC
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2008 :  12:00:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi MJC
quote:
If I may ask a couple of questions Christi, how easy is it to overdo this, in regards to self pacing? My wife is happy falling asleep being hugged but I don't want to overdo things, I'm pretty sensitive energy wise.

I am afraid I don't really know. I believe it is a powerful spiritual practice on par with something like deep meditation. During the practice the heart is opening up which has an effect on all the chakras, and as you explained, the mind is kind of "drawn into" the heart space, so it is very much a meditation.
I haven't done this kind of thing with many people however so I don't have much of a sample to go on. I do this mostly with my partner and we both love it.

Back in May I showed a friend of mine how it worked and we hugged each other for about one hour. At the end of that time she could not see or speak or move her body. She is very sensitive to energies like you are. It took her about 48 hours to feel normal again, after some serious grounding work.

So that's why I say it is a powerful spiritual practice and self pacing is a wise option. I don't want to frighten anyone away from doing this stuff, as I think it is very beautiful and benefitial. I think she is especially sensitive to these things.

This practice is different from most spiritual practices in terms of self pacing because of course it depends who you are hugging, and the state of their energy body. I think it is enough just to be aware that this kind of thing has an effect on us spiritually (usually a very benefitial one).

In fact as our hearts expand, there is no need even to hug someone for this to happen. It will happen between two people who are simply sitting or standing close to each other as EMC pointed out at the beginning of the thread that I linked to above. And the more we open, the larger the field of influence is around us. It is part of the ecstatic radiance that Yogani talks about.

Adyashanti explains it like this: he says it is like having lots of musical instruments in a room, and then someone plucks a string on the one in the middle, and all the instruments start to vibrate . Of course for this to work, they all have to be in tune with each other. It is the same with people.... so you are becoming "in tune" with your wife.

quote:
Also, I recall playing with energy whilst embracing maybe a couple of years back and earlier this year and ended up with major, major pain in the testicles and in the piping around the pubic bone. It was agonising! This time I got basically none of that. Any idea of what that might be?

I am not sure. There is some relationship between the higher chakras, especially the crown chakra, and the testicles. I believe it is realted to vajroli (?) and to the production of soma and amrita. Sometimes when my higher centres are particularly active I can feel semen being drawn from my testicles. Could be related?

Christi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000