Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 Anyone drinks green leaf juice?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Maximus

India
187 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2008 :  01:09:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Maximus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Is it good or bad for health when taken regularly? I feel very tired and drowsy after drinking it. I'm afraid there may be oxidizing agents in raw leaves that cause you to age faster. I don't know the English names for the leaves I juiced; they are commonly used cooked.

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2008 :  02:27:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The drowsiness may be purification...which would mean it'd be good to take it in moderate amounts. You should be more specific about what plant it was.
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2008 :  07:54:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Maximus,

This is one of the healthiest actions you can take. Kale is the best by far and the amount of nutrition you get in the form of Vitamin A, C, lutein, xanthein (don't know if that is right)chloraphyl, etc. is incredible. Turnip greens and collards are huge, too, but kale leaves them in the dust. Half a cup of juice, once or twice is a day is all you need and you can stir fry the pulp with olive oil and what ever spices you want for the fiber.

Enjoy, yb.
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2008 :  12:44:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maximus,
I start my day with green smoothies made of a variety of greens and some fruit to sweeten it.

I am a highly active person. I perform farm labor everyday and I also exercise daily. I could go all day on just my green drink and not even feel hungry.

What it do!

Edited by - Hunter on Jan 03 2008 12:45:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2008 :  12:52:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One more thing, Maximus.

It is best to have a juicer of the worm gear type as there is no heat generated that can destroy the nutritional value of the juice. Centrigugal juicers have this problem.

And this kind of food has the opposite effect of aging your body faster. It is super healthy.

yb.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000