Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Taking Ram's name fulfills all desires
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2007 :  2:56:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
For purposes of this topic posting, I declare myself to be a reviewer of the first edition of the following book:

"Miracle of Love (stories about Neem Karoli Baba)"
Text copyright 1979 by Ram Dass
Stories copyright 1979 by Hanuman Foundation
Photographs copyright 1979 by Rameshwar Das
copyright 1979 by Krishna Dass and Hanuman Foundation

My review is, simply stated, that I love that book - and the following brief passages quoted from pages 335-336 of that book exemplify some of the reasons why:

Around 10:00 AM, a man came to my home and said that Maharajji was calling me from the Ganga, and I immediately went to find him, accompanied by a young boy. At the Ganga some devotees said he'd gone for a walk toward the Sangam and had been gone for two hours - too long for such a short walk. They said he must have returned to my house. I said, "No. He sent for me to come here. He must be here." After some time the boy begged me to give up and return; twice he did this, and both times I insisted we continue. The third time, I felt in a quandary. I could neither go forward nor turn back. Out of concern for the boy I could not continue, and out of desire for Maharajji I could not turn back. I stood helpless.

Just then the boy called out, "There he is!" And there was Maharajji in a boat just beside us on the Ganga, with two other men. The boat came ashore and Maharajji got out and questioned me about the entire story, asking for all the details. Then we walked to where the other devotees were standing. Once there, Maharajji sent them all away except for me. He again questioned me for every detail of the story - receiving the summons, coming to the Ganga, walking along in search, the boy's pleadings - but this time Maharajji insisted that I tell him what was in my mind at the moment of quandary with the boy. I replied, "Why, I turned to saying Ram, Ram."

Immediately, Maharajji leaned over and whispered in my ear, "Just take Ram's name and all desires will be fulfilled." He had created this entire situation to teach me that!

The preceding brief passages were quoted in the context of this reviewer's preceding review of the following book:
"Miracle of Love (stories about Neem Karoli Baba)"
Text copyright 1979 by Ram Dass
Stories copyright 1979 by Hanuman Foundation
Photographs copyright 1979 by Rameshwar Das
copyright 1979 by Krishna Dass and Hanuman Foundation

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2007 :  5:04:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everybody,

I admit, the words "I declare myself to be a reviewer" sound rather pompously silly!

I put those words into this post because I wanted to quote a number of brief passages from the book, and I wanted to be sure to abide by the legal requirements for such quoting.

As stated in the copyright section of the book, reviewers are permitted to quote brief passages in connection with a review of the book without getting advance written permission from the publisher.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000