New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

brushjw

USA
191 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  3:44:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit brushjw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The physical progression of spiritual bliss/ecstasy is interesting. I hope this isn’t inappropriate for this forum – if so I’ll delete it... A couple of months back I began bringing my energy/attention up the spine at the moment just before physical orgasm. The result was a “cold chill up the spine” like I experienced as a child when someone told a scary story. But this cold chill goes up to the head and makes a tingling sensation in my crown. The physical component of the orgasm has become less intense and less important. The reverberations of energy pulse through my body for a while afterwards. Quite different from a normal physical-only orgasm, yet somehow more satisfying.

I am quite aware of the dangers of a premature crown opening, but I’ve felt stuck because my progress to sambhavi has stalled due to my eyelid spasms. I’ve been lightly following the beginning practices as outlined in Awakening the Third Eye (http://www.clairvision.org/ckb/ckbe...SaganATE.pdf). The “throat friction”, in particular, seems to have been very helpful at opening things up. My inner silence has deepened and I occasionally (not yet regularly) am able to raise my eyes in sambhavi. Also, I am occasionally experiencing energy traveling up my spine and blossoming in a warm, tingling feeling in my crown. Maybe I’ve discovered a sambhavi reform school

Do you ever have one of those cold chills which are so strong it results in a vocalization? I had one of those yesterday at work, which blossomed in my crown, and reverberated tingly feel-good sensations all through my body, pulsing and slowly fading. It was remarkably similar to a genital orgasm, without the sexual component.

Thankfully most of the "digestive" issues associated with spinal breathing have passed (no pun intended). The neck cracks are becoming INTENSE. One yesterday at work was so loud and relieved so much pressure that I actually said "Holy s**t!" out loud.

I’m also experiencing a blissful feeling in my mouth, connected to the SoS/energy. My tongue becomes connected to the roof of my mouth. There is a tingling feeling, quite strong at times, in the roof of the mouth. The SoS, my breathing, my attention, the menthol “taste” and the energy in my mouth all seem to be part of some strange process. Occasionally it results in Peace pouring down on me. Grace like rain.

Namaste,
Joe

Edited by - brushjw on Jun 25 2008 4:45:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

brushjw

USA
191 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  9:25:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit brushjw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
For some reason Tibetan Ice's description of "...towards the end of each session I would find myself in a large dark cave with what seemed like an endless pool of calm water in it" (http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....&whichpage=1) has resonated within me. I now 'see' my head differently as I go up the spine in pranayama and I spontaneously have begun releasing my energy into a "pool of calm water". That's not exactly it, but that's a better description than I can come up with.

This has coincided with the ability to consistently maintain my attention with a very light touch. I've begun to realize the similarity to samyama (http://www.aypsite.org/150.html): "With samyama, we are initiating meaning in silence. We do it in a simple, easy, systematic way. First we create an impulse of meaning in silence, and then we let it go in silence."

Yogani explains that this works because "[i]nner silence is a huge amplifier of subtle thought." For me, it seems that to be that something is being pulled out of me by the Universe, as opposed to me creating an effect via physical application of a thought construct. Something like the difference bettween "push" and "pull" Web technology (http://ecommercetechnology.org/english/data/70.htm).

This complete reversal of the process also makes sense of how pratyahara works. At time I feel like I'm literally being pulled into bliss consciousness by the energy created by my AYP practices.

namaste,
Joe
Go to Top of Page

brushjw

USA
191 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  10:47:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit brushjw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"In the physical world when you want something you have to strive for it. But in the spiritual worlds everything is reversed, as on the other side of a mirror. If you want something you have to let it come to you. It is a new skill which has to be developed. It could be called ‘active letting go’ or ‘creative letting go’. It is the capacity to be transparent and to let states of consciousness be revealed through you.

Just be aware, and everything will happen."

Awakening the Third Eye by Samuel Sagan p. 13
http://www.clairvision.org/ckb/ckbe...SaganATE.pdf

namaste,
Joe
Go to Top of Page

brushjw

USA
191 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  7:00:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit brushjw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had my eyes examined on Friday and the ophthalmologist asked me if I'd experienced "flashing lights or floaters". LOL!

The deep pool doesn't happen often but the SoS/movement in my mouth etc. does. If I don't consciously relax, my jaw quickly becomes sore. I've learned that if I realax and concentrate of the third eye it begins pulsing when my concentration reaches a certain level. Then my experience is that of a process which is happening, rather than an "I" named Joe. For some reason I quickly exit this state and become distracted by thoughts but I know from experience I'll slowly learn to maintain this state for longer and longer periods over time.

For three years now I've been thinking it is strange that I don't miss the SoS or other phala of my meditative absorption. I find the state of mind I achieve preferable to discursive thinking,so many times through the day I reconnect to inner stillness. But there seems to be no obsession/addiction/clinging. I just realized today that what I am experiencing is not a feeling, it's an altered state of consciousness. It's easy to grasp and cling to good feelings but that does not happen to states of consciousness. I may cling to the feelings associated with specific states of consciousness (scenerey) but not the state itself (the path).

namaste,
Joe

Edited by - brushjw on Jul 12 2008 7:10:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

brushjw

USA
191 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  01:19:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit brushjw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lately I've had success in concentrating on small objects while meditating, such as the dot in an "i". Last week I posted a series of dots on the wall behind my computer monitor at work which I can focus on during my mini-meditation breaks (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...oet/dots.gif). The smaller the dot I focus on, the deeper the inner silence. It's almost as if the smallness pulls the silence out of me. It feels good to be raising my eyes, slowly getting to sahbhavi.

The energy generated during my yogic practices starts with the Sound of Silence, but has evolved into so much more that I now call it the Sound of the Spheres. I think this is a better description. I quite often am absorbed in the SotS at night for hours while listening to music. Sometimes the music, the SotS and external noises such as rain, merge into one transcendental experience.

The cold chills which went up my spine to my head have spontaneously began appearing at vatious parts of my head. Sometimes it's more like a tingling feeling, other times a circular feeling of warmth and well-being around my crown - a halo . I always make sure and focus on my third eye when this happens to avoid a premature crown opening. All the crown sensations are quite pleasurable.

namaste,
Joe
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000