Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Burning Sensation while meditating
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SeekingShiva

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  12:45:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit SeekingShiva's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Sometimes I get a strange but quite frequent very mild burning sensation around my anus while meditating. I am not sure what is going wrong or is it part of Kundalini rising.

Can somebody guide me?

Thanks

mr.regular

5 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2007 :  1:44:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr.regular's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm no expert, but it sounds to me like what you are experiencing is termed "success."

In my humble opinion that burning you feel is the clearing of a path between the two poles of your divided consciousness.

Someone once induced a sensation in my lumber spinal region, a sensation I would describe much as you've described this heat you're feeling. Below the lumbar, I was already "clear."

If you ever get a chance to experience that "heat" (if you examine it thoroughly, I think you'll find that it's really vibratory in nature)extending all the way from your perineum to your brain, do nothing. Let it happen.

If you're extremely lucky, you'll cease being two conflicting minds at opposite ends of your own spinal coloumn.

Anyway, that's the opinion of some jerk on a BBS.

Go to Top of Page

SeekingShiva

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2007 :  12:26:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit SeekingShiva's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Finally somebody replied as nobody responded to my post for long time.

Since I am new to Kundalini so I was wondering whether this heat is a sign of me doing it right or wrong.

Once again thanks for validating my thought.

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2007 :  12:35:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SeekingShiva,

Welcome to the forum.

The symptoms you describe are that of kundalini... esp since you say it happens during meditation...
Look here Energy - Excess Kundalini Symptoms? for some more info.

Thanks for joining us.

Edited by - Shanti on Nov 01 2007 12:37:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2007 :  12:37:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SeekingShiva:

It is a fairly common symptom of purification and opening in that area. It should smooth out and transform over time, becoming more energetic and ecstatic in its nature, corresponding with openings higher up and the rise of ecstatic conductivity in the body.

If the symptom becomes excessive and uncomfortable, then self-pace practices accordingly, particularly mudras, bandhas and any kumbhaka (breath retention) you may be doing. For more on dealing with energy imbalances, see: http://www.aypsite.org/69.html

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000