AYPsite.org Forum
 Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 good CD album
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

clk1710

92 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2007 :  10:11:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
lately i had been longing for some new spiritually uplifting music and lo and behold i was told about Yusuf's new CD called "An Other Cup". Yusuf is Cat Stevens but i apparently he embarked on a spiritual journey years ago and as a result of his inner transformations has changed his name and put out this great CD with some nice spiritual messages. so i bought it and it's good music, i recommend it.
anyone have any other good spiritual music recommendations?? i like the sound of alot of popular secular music, however, i really get turned off by the often disturbing lyrics of alot of the music that's out there

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2007 :  10:32:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
if you are open minded, there is a genre called Goa Trance that sometimes uses influence from Hinduism and spirituality. I'd recommend checking out some stuff by Shpongle.

When I think of spiritual music, I don't necesarily think of lyrics or explicate messages...I just think of music that conjures a sense of existentiality.
Go to Top of Page

clk1710

92 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2007 :  7:43:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
cool, thanks anthony
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2007 :  9:24:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would also suggest you look into some Worldbeat kind of stuff. it is music that incorporates many cultures into their music...usually heavy in Eastern and Indian influence. I am not too good at naming specific groups in this area, but you may want to check out Thievery Corporation.

Actually, come to think of it, I get all my stuff from an online radio service called Live365. It is free and has just about every single genre of music you could possibly dream of. you would be very likely to find something suitable for you, I know they have a lot of specific international stations so you could find some cool Indian music or whatever. I know they have many many many spiritual music stations from all over the world.
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2007 :  10:06:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Actually, I'll give you some names of some good spiritual music. I can't promise it will all be in English...but the message is still clear.

Adiemus
Angels of Venice
Arcana
Dave Stringer
Dead Can Dance
Anything by Deep Forest (very very good!)
Geoffrey Oryema
Impressions of Winter
James Johnson (very cool soundscapes)
Rajna
Sacred Spirits
The Soil Bleeds Black (some really cool neo-medieval spiritual songs)
Thievery Corporation
Trobar de Morte
Yanni

Also, you might check out gregorian chants, tibetan monk music, Indian tabla/flute, native american music...I tend to really get into international music. Most all of it is spiritual to me.
Go to Top of Page

SuperTrouper

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2007 :  09:26:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If anyone likes sort of new-age vibrational (or synthesized) music, liquid mind is really nice. I don't listen to music too often anymore, as I prefer silence more-so to music nowadays.
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2007 :  11:15:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yes liquid mind is very good. i like a lot of that Soundscape genre. Angelis does some good work with that too, espcially in the movie Blade Runner. Incredible soundtrack.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000