AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Conjoining bliss with the wisdom of emptiness
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Greg108

29 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2007 :  02:42:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Greg108's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
This is a topic from: The Six Yogas of Naropa: Tsongkhapa's Commentary. I was interested to see that it matched AYP's basic direction, I thought it was worth sharing for that reason.

Regards

Greg108

P.S. This is one of the reviews from Amazon (not me): I've been studying meditation systems for more than two decades, yet I'm fairly new to Tibetan Buddhist studies. "Tsongkhapa's..." solves a dilemma that I've seen crop up in other systems, that I've seen no clearer resolution to than in this keystone Tibetan text. The "dilemma" that I referred to is the conflict and bridge between systems that emphasize
1) energy cultivation,
2) emptiness/absolute schools or
3) some mix of both but without a clear bridge.

Emptiness schools often critique energetic schools for merely getting caught in other layers of cyclic existence (and worse, creating intense karma in those layers). Yet emptiness schools often don't admit the valid energetic part of the path.

The first yoga of the six, the crux and foundation of this 6-yoga system, explains steps that produce bliss - and resolve it into emptiness. This resolution occurs within the mysterious deep-centers, who reside along - and whose vitality is integrated through - the central channel.

The Seventh Dalai Lama wrote verse about the 6 yoga system, whose 1st paragraph follows. Much of it is of specific cultural reference, but the 4th and 7th lines speak to general theory:
"Namo guru daka dakini yeh!
O all-pervading Heruka and your mandala of bliss,
O Tilopa, also known as the sublimely wise Jnanabhadra
Who took the insight of ecstasy and void to its limits,
And Naropa, an emodiment of Chakrasamvara:
I request you, bestow blessings, that we may achive
The wisdom of ecstasy and void conjoined."
- (from page 96 of the book)

This text has tremendous implications for the classic theological dilemmas re: sensation.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000