AYPsite.org Forum
 Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Mahmoud Muhammed Taha: The Islamic Gandhi
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  9:22:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Amazing.

http://www.bitsofnews.com/content/view/3856/42/

-----

"The age-old dream of the human caravan is not to send astronauts in their orbit in the outer space. It is to send its individuals - every single individual - in his orbit of self-realisation. It is high time that this dream be thus reinterpreted. It is also the sacred duty of every man and woman to help to intelligently reorientate human endeavour towards the culmination of this pilgrimage."

-----

"What was so overwhelming about Taha was how his presence gave inner peace. I can't explain it, but it was enough to enter the room he was in to feel how everything that made you uneasy or distressed, just disappeared -- it was not important anymore.... I personally think it was the meeting with a total and complete honesty: You knew that this person was for you and with you, without reservations or limitations."

-----

"Taha observed that the Arab world was being sucked into the Cold War, to its detriment; that it was losing bargaining strength with respect to Israel and could never hope to destroy in in war; that war is in general futile and wasteful; that Arab regimes used the Palestinian issue to quiet opposition; that Muslim militancy was simmering in result; that the greatest long-term menace to Arabs was life outside the modern world; and that Communism and Capitalism were two sides of the same materialistic coin, insufficient for human flourishing. Taha's ideas were decried by everyone from pan-Arab nationalists and Baathists to Islamists, and remain heretical in the Middle East to this day."

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Jul 01 2007 9:22:58 PM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  10:14:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  11:38:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
http://alfikra.org/index_e.php

"Throughout his life he preached that submission to the will of God was the essence of Islam and endeavored to achieve such submission in every aspect of his private and public life. He often told his disciples to see the hand of the original actor, God, behind that of the apparent actor or immediate cause of the event or incident. "
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  10:28:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jim,
I can understand your amazement. I have met Muslims who have their individual relationship with God and Qur'an, and I cannot cease to be amazed by their complete faith in Allah, gentleness, unworldliness, discipline, generosity that goes beyond their family, and complete submission to the divine will. It is a privilage to be in the company of such people... for at least sometime, the intellectual chatter drops away, and by example, you just be. I think I got my first understanding of real spiritualism in the company of one such Muslim.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000