Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Kundalini myth?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gentlep

USA
114 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  2:02:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I was initiated into kriya yoga 5years ago. While searching for kechari I got into ayp 2 and half years ago. I could get into kechari 2nd stage without snipping, just by finger help 2 years ago. Currently I can do stage 3 and 4. I still need finger help initially to get into the cavity. Now I have been practicing ayp methods but haven't experienced any ecstasy that everyone talks about. I have been doing the forbidden crown to root pranayam for almost a year just to see what happens. And still nothing. So my question is whether the warnings about crown method exaggerated. Or is the kundalini not for everyone. Or is there any other powerful methods that I can test.

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  2:23:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think the practices work best in conjunction with our innate talents or abilities, the passions that motivate us into intuitive action. What gets your blood pumping is also getting your prana flowing, so those activities are a great way to 'test' your progress.

But from what I gather so far, detachment from outcome is a supreme route to ecstasy.

Often the blissful states come and go, at times where I must be hovering about the elusive place of balance. The practices help me stay close to it. Like riding gracefully on the surf, balancing just right to glide with the movement of life.

As I discover my purpose and apply the abilities arising in me, with the tremendous aid of AYP, I experience joyful exhilaration.

Edited by - Kyman on Jun 24 2007 2:32:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  5:13:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
In the lineage I am practicing we do the crown to root spinal breathing but I am not advocating you follow my lead, it is up to each individual. In my experience the crown to root is more gentle than root to brow.You don't say what parts of AYP you are practicing but I am surprised if you are meditating regular that you are getting no experiences.Maybe you should look at the practices you are doing.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

gentlep

USA
114 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  7:24:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by riptiz

Hi,
I am surprised if you are meditating regular that you are getting no experiences.Maybe you should look at the practices you are doing.
L&L
Dave

Hi Dave,
It will be wrong in my part to say I haven't got anything from practice. I have better control over emotions and can deal with life's situations better than before. That's what motivates me to continue. But I read other's talking about feeling the energy or some sensations, something moving up/having blockages, experiencing bliss or feeling ecstasic conductivity etc. I wonder if these things are real everyone should feel it, correct?
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  10:57:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sure, lots of people could do crown meditation without hurting themselves...and without even getting a spark. It's not like russian roulette....unless you've got a good bit of prana built up just waiting to go, in which case even touching crown meditation will result in very very violent effect. You don't know till you try. So common sense says: better not to try.

You happen not to have the latent build-up of prana that would make for instant problems. Phew. And it's not unrelated that the bliss is slow to appear. But that's fine. There are several of us here (me included) who'd love a lot less dramatic energy roiling around inside all the time, so silence can be worked on without distraction. The silence is what powers everything else anyway. It's vastly better than bliss. And the bliss comes. Maybe not in a year, but it comes.

Yogani has urged a system that works for tons of people, and has put forth his warnings - and the reasoning behind his warnings - more articulately and expertly than any of us can (if you haven't read thru all the lessons, you might want to consider it). If you've read it but want to keep playing with matches (a strange compulsion since you're not even getting sparks, much less the cautioned-against bonfire), that's your decision.

But the lowdown is this: your experience doesn't in any way disprove Yogani's warning. One can play around high voltage wires for days without getting shocked, but the very first shock would instantly bear out the caution. :)

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Jun 24 2007 11:02:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  01:46:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is completely individual, gentlep. It depends on the level of purification of your nervous system.

When I first started secret spot khechari, I didn't feel much of anything. Now there is a very nice energy whenever I put my attention in the body. It is steadily accumulating. If it is there for me, it must be there for you, too.

I am still waiting for the ambrosial nectar to start flowing, tho.

Here is a link that helped me understand more (because I was kind of wondering too when I first started it) and might help you if you haven’t read it already:

http://www.aypsite.org/284.html

If you are alive, you have a kundalini, by definition. The idea is to charm her, not make her mad, if you know what I mean. If you wake her up too quickly she gets angry and bites. If you let her snooze a little bit she is much more agreeable. "Handle with care" and "make haste slowly" as they say.

The yoga sutras say that constant practice and non attachment are the secret of success.

Good luck with it, yb.

Edited by - yogibear on Jun 25 2007 7:23:22 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000