Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 AYP Global Meditation Group - One Year.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  12:35:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,
July 2nd 2007 the AYP Global Meditation group will complete a year. I have really enjoyed meditating with this group.. and find the group effect getting stronger with each Sunday that passes. I have not missed any Sundays so far.. except one.. for which I did join in, in silence. :)

I would like some feed back from people who have been participating. It would be nice to know how many people do participate (even if not regularly). If you do not want to announce yourself in the forum, you can email me. That way we can decide if we should continue with this group meditations each Sunday. If there are any suggestions on things that need to get changed or done differently.. ideas/comments are welcome too.

Once again... Thanks to all who participate regularly or semi-regularly or occasionally in this group.

Edited by - Shanti on Jun 15 2007 12:37:47 PM

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  4:43:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have participated actively on and off for a not so very long time. But my aim is always to join every Sunday. I am so glad I decided to join this and I am very thankful that you organize it so well! Huge Thank you, Shanti!

My experience is also that the Sunday meditations are stronger than usual. Actually, last week, I couldn't join, but at the time of meditation I found myself receiving very strong energies and floated off although I was with others. As if my body was tuned into opening at that time, and reacting on "what was in the air".
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  10:37:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc
Actually, last week, I couldn't join, but at the time of meditation I found myself receiving very strong energies and floated off although I was with others. As if my body was tuned into opening at that time, and reacting on "what was in the air".

Thanks EMC.. I had a similar experience couple of weeks back.. A friend of mine called and I was talking .. did not realize the time.. and at 11.20.. it was like I was getting pulled into meditation.. excused myself.. said my group was calling me.. hung up the phone and joined in.. :)

Edited by - Shanti on Jun 15 2007 10:37:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2007 :  09:20:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
My experience is also that the Sunday meditations are stronger than usual.

The Sunday global med feels totally different.. somehow warm and full of love. I have participated since the beginning and I think I have only ever missed one I really look forward to them.

emc said..
quote:
I am very thankful that you organize it so well! Huge Thank you, Shanti!

I agree thank you soooo much please keep up the good work

Edited by - Richard on Jun 16 2007 09:21:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2007 :  8:42:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shweta,

Thank you for all your efforts with the global meditation organizing. I join in whenever I can and always find that the group sessions are deeper, broader (for lack of a better term) and have a gentle loving energy.

I look forward to continuing.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2007 :  1:05:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shweta
I havn't been as regular lately, mainly though lack of organisation. At 4.15 in the afternoon I always seem to be in the middle of something and often miss it. However it's just a matter of being more organised, set the alarm on my mobile or something. So this will be my New AYP Year's resolution .

I too have generally found the meditations deeper, in particular when I need a boost, it generally lifts my energy.

Also, a couple of time our group have joined in, which would be another four or five.

So I'm all for keeping it going

Love
Louis

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2007 :  7:06:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all of you.. I guess we will keep it going:)..

Edited by - Shanti on Jun 21 2007 7:06:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2007 :  10:28:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shweta,
I'd been regular in the beginning, and it was truly great... but because it got incredibly late for me (from 8.45 pm to 9.45 pm)in winters with the shifting of time, I gave it up. I also gave up samyama because I wasn't ready for it, though I had a fantastic initial response to it.

Also after a while, the late group Meds began to interfere with rest, being immediately before sleep time. However, I realise my sleep time has naturally shifted to later over the past few months. Will try and resume the Sunday group again. I might do this as a third session on Sunday, if I can take it. That way I won't run the risk of overshortening or missing a second session because of Sunday interferences.

Thanks for your coordination work with this and the Samyama.
Go to Top of Page

thibaud05

France
86 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2007 :  6:01:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti,
I intend to participate in the sunday group meditation practice (5h15 pm local time in France, if I am correct). I'm glad it will be kept going, and excited to try it out. :)
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  09:10:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Thibaud,
Thank you for joining us. Yes, 5.15pm France time sounds right :).
Looking forward to having the presence of your energy in our group.
Thanks again.
-Shanti.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000