AYPsite.org Forum
 Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Osho - The Book of Secrets
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

theglock

26 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2007 :  5:49:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit theglock's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
This is mainly for yogani. Have you ever read this book? I have been between your practices and his and they seem to conflict. He is convinced, and has convinced me, the mind is not good. It is a tool which eventually must be transformed. What do you think of this?

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2007 :  10:23:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2007 :  10:13:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi theglock:

Yes, I've read it. Excellent book. Osho's "opus magnum." It is mentioned in the lessons here: http://www.aypsite.org/T21.html

It (tantra) is about much more than sex, of course. So is the Book of Secrets, and the ancient scripture it is commenting on -- mainly the Vigyan Bhairava.

Osho (Rajneesh) was the most eclectic of the 20th century gurus, in stark contrast to other greats who placed their bets on one or two primary techniques. Osho took it the other way, to the extreme, discussing so many methods, that providing a practical daily routine out if it all turned out to be the greatest weakness in his approach. From the beginning, this left his followers to "indulge" in ways that threw the application of his teachings out of balance. So it goes. We learn from these things.

As for mind "not being good," not sure what you mean. Mind is mind, heart is heart, feet are feet. If we systematically illuminate from inside with deep meditation and other well-integrated practices in the routine, all is illuminated and brought to higher external expression, including mind.

We shouldn't blame the hammer if the carpenter has not learned to use it correctly. I'd be surprised if Osho blamed the hammer for the carpenter's shortcomings. He was wiser than that. I know he liked to rant about human foibles sometimes. That's okay. We all have our rants.

In the end, what matters is how useful the information is. Osho made a good contribution, as did many others. Now it is up to us to take it forward from here.

Wishing you all the best in that. Practice wisely, and enjoy!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

theglock

26 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2007 :  11:46:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit theglock's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That the mind is not good in that it is always attempting to calculate and divide and thinks with logic. It sets up barriers. From what I understand he feels that you don't slowly escalade to enlightment, it just hits you with a bang and you will no longer recognize yourself.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2007 :  12:17:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by theglock

That the mind is not good in that it is always attempting to calculate and divide and thinks with logic. It sets up barriers. From what I understand he feels that you don't slowly escalade to enlightment, it just hits you with a bang and you will no longer recognize yourself.

Well if the big "bang" happens, it happens -- watch out for the aftershocks. We have seen more than a few big bangs around here, and the cleanup continues...

In the meantime, deep meditation will be delivering us surely and safely. Even with all of his talk about "meditation," Osho may have missed this important point. He was moving around so much, and maybe he forgot that the way to strike water is to keep digging in one place. That is his weak point. He is more of an encyclopedia on spiritual methods than an instruction manual. While the former can be very inspiring and helpful, the latter is more practical.

It is an evolution of knowledge. We are all stepping stones to the next stage of better application and results. It is the way of applied science.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

theglock

26 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2007 :  12:51:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit theglock's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much. The problem with me is that I was confused as to what to do. What he says is true, but just like you say, he gives too many methods (112) in total, leaving you to find the methods on your own. After doing one of the techniques in the book I have changed - perhaps not to the extent he mentions, but I have. I suppose I will continue your practices, as like you say, they prepare you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000