Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 kechari problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2007 :  1:24:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to share my kechari problems with everyone and see if anyone can help.
I started snipping about a year ago. I did not enjoy it at all, and it took me many months of snipping even to get into stage one kechari. Eventually I managed to get my tongue to the point between the soft palate and the hard palate on the roof of my mouth, and pushing up. I believe I found the secret spot and was able to activate it through the roof of my mouth. When I finally reached this stage I experienced incredible ecstasy every time I went into kechari. The energy moved was very powerful even to the point of being sublime, or euphoric. I spent many hours practicing in kechari, during my sitting practices and outside of practices.

Then one day (about six months ago), it all stopped. I would put my tongue in exactly the same place, and nothing happened. No ecstasy, no energy rushes, nothing. I still feel some energetic reaction from the other higher tantric methods (siddhasana, sambhavi, mullabhanda, medula pull etc.), but these are also highly diminished, and nowhere near as effective as they used to be. I carried on snipping for a while, and practicing kechari, as I don't want to be completely results oriented in my choice of practices , but it wasn't long before I gave up kechari. I now don't feel the inspiration to continue snipping to reach stage two, as it could just be a dead duck in terms of making any meaningful difference to my spiritual evolution.
Has anyone else experienced anything similar to this, and should I persevere on to stage two?

Any help would be appreciated.

Christi

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2007 :  2:54:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI Christi

I am at the same stage as you I started just under a year ago too. I got very pleasant sensations and lots of ecstatic conductivity when I first reached stage one not quite as extreme as yours I don't think but good...it still is but easing off quite a lot.

I am seriously trying for stage two now just snipping and stretching I can get my tongue behind the uvula with the help of my fingers and search about but i haven't managed to get the soft palette to come forward yet I need to find that elusive entrance for that.
maybe a bit more length is needed... more snipping I guess but it seems to take for ever.

I think the initial Ecstasy experienced in stage one is just a taster so press on

Hey maybe it stopped because you wouldn't bother to go for stage two if it didn't

Edited by - Richard on Jun 07 2007 3:09:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

Thokar

USA
45 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2007 :  7:48:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thokar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

I think its very important to combine kechari with spinal breathing/kriya to get the most out of it... It's good for regular meditation too but doing it with spinal breathing is when the energy connection is the strongest with it...

Also on a side note when i was in the beginning stages of kechari, stage one felt good for a while but then toned down until I got into stage 2, then it was really good again for a while, then it toned down until I got into stage 3 and since then when I found the little indentation at the very very top of the cavity it's felt awesome ever since... I tried stage 4 but it wasn't nearly as good as stage 3 for me anyways.... Also I tried snipping once or twice when i was trying to get to stage 2 but I don't think it helped a whole lot... I think the stretches did more for me than anything... have you tried the talabya kriya stretch? its very good for loosening the frenum..
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2007 :  01:50:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi,
I want to mention that if you can bring your tongue to the margin of the hard/soft palate thhat you are really almost in stage two! actually the amount of stretch in teh tongue required for stage 2 is almost the same as this stage 1 except that the flap of soft palate is not in teh way. I would suggest that you persevere and work your way to getting past the soft palate which is not that far to go. We are really talking about very small distances here. 1/4 inch, 1/2 inch. its not that far. Once the tonge slides past the soft palate it goes forward so doesn't really have to stretch that much more. In my case it has become effortless though this did take some time. If you have come this far why not keep at it even if you don't have the instant gratification at the moment? this stuff comes and goes but I have found kechari to be a very worthwhile practice and wouldn't be without it at this point
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2007 :  07:42:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone.
thanks for all the replies. Seems like everyone is saying the same thing: "Don't give up" O.K. I won't. I do feel like I am ver close to stage two, so I guess there is very little to lose by persevering, and then I can find out for myself.

quote:
We are really talking about very small distances here. 1/4 inch, 1/2 inch. its not that far.

Hi Victor. I know it's not very far on a tape measure. But I think it took me 6 months of snipping to gain 1/4 inch in order to get to the soft palate in stage 1 ! So 1/4 inch is a big thing for me. It may be a small step for mankind....

Thanks again

Christi
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2007 :  09:53:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My experience is that I don't have to DO anything. My tounge is doing the stretching itself during meditation. I have not gotten any special sensations from doing kechari yet. I only feel some sort of energy reactions without any flavour to it when I push the tounge up in stage 1. My nose buzzes. And I might go a little dizzy and with a very generous interpretation of what's happening I might say I go a little deeper into meditation. Now my tounge is training to stay in stage 2. It can easily reach behind the ovula all by itself, but it won't stay yet and I get no sensations. I have done no snipping, no voluntary stretching. I often just get irritated on my vomiting nerve and it's kind of tiresome that my tounge is living its own life.

I believe the silence will tell when you are ready for the next stage. Your body will know when it's time. I just don't care what my tounge does (or any other part of the body). And I don't expect any special sensations from it since that has never been my experience. Kechari is still a mystery to me...

I like it better when my neck is being handled by the energies as if a chiropractor is stretching and cracking it in different directions. LOL! I'm gifted with a private invisible chiropractor during meditation. Could anyone wish for more? Experiences like this makes me certain "I" have got nothing at all whatsoever to do with my spiritual journey. My will, my intentions, my plans, my efforts... it's just a mindgame for me. "I" follow when my body leads "me".
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2007 :  10:13:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is important to move the neck around, keep it strong and flexible. Once the throat chakra has become very conductive, as well the third eye, the kechari mudra begins to come to life.

Looking down is one thing but you have to use the neck muscles. It helps to sit upright with your back arched enough so you naturally are looking up, then look down while your back is arched. It absolutely helps to activate the throat and stretch the spine.

Edited by - Kyman on Jun 08 2007 10:23:44 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000