AYPsite.org Forum
 Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Add Byron Katie quotes here
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  09:34:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I like this one as it is a great reminder for me:

"Don't pretend yourself beyond your evolution"

Byron Katie

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  5:32:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, lovely.
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  7:59:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

"Every story, every thing is God: reality. It apparently emerges from out of Itself and appears as a life. It lives forever within the story, until the story ends. From out of Itself I appeared as my story, until the questions brought me home."

~Byron Katie
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - May 30 2007 :  03:22:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Do you want to be right, or do you want to be free?"

B Katie
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2008 :  12:03:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I found my notes from the day I spent in Dublin with Byron Katie (and Louis of course! ) Some of the quotes I catched there are hilarious, others just so clear:

- No one can hurt me! That's MY job!

- Everything other's say to me is helpful! Your enemy holds the key to your denial. Friends agree - stay with them and stay small, stay sick!

- Victims are violent people!

- Enlightenment = Your life gets lighter!

- All this effort on the body - you're betting on the looser: bodies won't make it!

- Love is an experience, it's not something you can give.

- You are mentally ill as soon as you are in someone else's business and think about "what they should...". You leave your own business and then there's noone home... and you wonder why you're frightened!?!?!

- Do you know what I like with separate bodies? When you hurt - I don't!!!

- Who needs God when we have your opinion? It might be another plan running...

- It is what it is until it's not!

- Like it or not but that's what it is!

- Even NOW is a concept that does not exist!

- Death has such a bad rumour! Death is so wonderful noone bothers to come back and tell us differently!

- I fly a lot, and on airports I breath all that gas - how else could I die on time?

- Burglers broke into our home and all our stuff was stolen. My husband believed his things were with them.... He didn't realize it was now their things!

- I'm not dealing with people, I'm dealing with concepts.

- Your already create being poor when you imagine being rich! Money comes in the right amount when you need it.

- If your mind is open your heart is open and vice versa. The key to your open heart is your open mind.

- Thoughts are like our beloved children. They have to be taken care of. Until they are met one by one they scream!

Edited by - emc on Apr 19 2008 12:06:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2008 :  2:39:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Brilliant emc
Great to be reminded of that marvellous day

I remember these you quoted - hillarious
Do you know what I like with separate bodies? When you hurt - I don't!!!
Burglers broke into our home and all our stuff was stolen. My husband believed his things were with them.... He didn't realize it was now their things!
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2008 :  4:58:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"When a thought hurts, that's the signal that it isn't true."

Byron Katie
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  10:17:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder if some will find this one negative?

"You've never reacted to someone else. You project meaning onto nothing. There's nothing separate out there. And you react to the meaning you've projected. Loneliness comes from an honest place- you're the only one here. There are no humans here. You're it. This world doesn't even exist. When you investigate your thoughts and stop believing your projections, you come to realize that. It's the end of the world. The end of a world that never existed anyway."

Byron Katie
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  12:09:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Anthem11

"You've never reacted to someone else. You project meaning onto nothing. There's nothing separate out there. And you react to the meaning you've projected. Loneliness comes from an honest place- you're the only one here. There are no humans here. You're it. This world doesn't even exist. When you investigate your thoughts and stop believing your projections, you come to realize that. It's the end of the world. The end of a world that never existed anyway."

Byron Katie

I find it neither negative or positive. But I think it's the truth. I share my loneliness with me as I, you share your loneliness with you as you, and both are phantoms. In the end of the world that never existed we are together as one.

Edited by - Balance on May 02 2008 3:12:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  2:43:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Anthem11

Byron Katie

Hi Andrew
It makes complete logical sense to me and can be linked to your recent thread about imagining our world into being http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=3809
However I still a have a question mark over its validity in actuality.
I have been meaning to reply in that thread and jump the gun on Alan by quoting Ramana Maharshi's 40th verse from his thread http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=3675

40. If it is said, that Liberation is of three kinds, with form or without form or with and without form, then let me tell you that the extinction of three forms of Liberation is the only true Liberation.

This suggests to me that at a certain stage some people can predominantly experience things as Emptiness or Spaciousness (without form), or Fullness of form or as a Mixture of both(with and without form).
But to say it is specifically one of these or in fact as Ramana Maharshi says whether it is any of these is an issue.

So in my opinion, Katies words are a great help in self inquiry. To me they could point to the experience of spaciousness or emptiness.
mmmhhh - or I suppose they could point to "the extinction of the three forms of Liberation as the only Liberation"

So maybe you and Katie are right after all - damn

But then again maybe not, it depends on whether it is experiental or not - in my case this logic does not meet with my experience so I can't comment further
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  3:05:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sparkle said:

"I have been meaning to reply in that thread and jump the gun on Alan by quoting Ramana Maharshi's 40th verse from his thread"

Hey! You've been cheating!
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  4:02:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
First things first... There seems to be a logical order to the realizations. First it's utmost important to see through the illusion - that everything is projections and mere appearances, and that the world does not exist in the way we always thought... discrimination: to see what's REAL and UNREAL... then go beyond and see that the real and unreal are two sides of one coin - the coin being there is per se what's interesting and beautiful and miraculous, so all discussions of duality and non-duality becomes worthless... then... going beyond realizing the coin... to where the coin came from... The Absolute, that which not even Byron Katie tries to explain or put words on...

So all the sages quotes are from different perspectives and have their validity depending on where in the realization journey we are. Sometimes they therefore may seem contradictory, although they're not.

But above all... direct experience is the key, beyond any discussions, models, concepts or quotes.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - May 03 2008 :  10:05:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks emc,

That seems to explain things really well.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  10:56:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Balance

Sparkle said:

"I have been meaning to reply in that thread and jump the gun on Alan by quoting Ramana Maharshi's 40th verse from his thread"

Hey! You've been cheating!

Hi Alan
Sorry for cheating, I knew you wouldn't mind????

If anything it could only bring more people to your great thread on Ramana Maharhsi - really enjoyed it and will go back often.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  10:58:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

First things first... There seems to be a logical order to the realizations. First it's utmost important to see through the illusion - that everything is projections and mere appearances, and that the world does not exist in the way we always thought... discrimination: to see what's REAL and UNREAL... then go beyond and see that the real and unreal are two sides of one coin - the coin being there is per se what's interesting and beautiful and miraculous, so all discussions of duality and non-duality becomes worthless... then... going beyond realizing the coin... to where the coin came from... The Absolute, that which not even Byron Katie tries to explain or put words on...

So all the sages quotes are from different perspectives and have their validity depending on where in the realization journey we are. Sometimes they therefore may seem contradictory, although they're not.

But above all... direct experience is the key, beyond any discussions, models, concepts or quotes.

Thanks emc, agree with Andrew, it makes sense

Edited by - Sparkle on May 05 2008 11:21:23 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000