AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Touchy subject
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - May 28 2007 :  5:16:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Has anyone noticed the onslaught of spiritual education lately, in movies?

I just saw Pirates of Caribbean 3 and it is loaded with symbolic and double meanings.

It's the same ideas from the Da Vinci Code and National Treasure.

During the movie they showed to specific images of crossed swords, which I read the other day were a symbol of the battle of Armageddon.

It looks like the fourth movie will be about the Holy Grail/Fountain of Youth.

Its amazing to see all of these things being revealed, and right under so many people's noses.

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - May 28 2007 :  5:34:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Completely off topic here (sorry Kyman!!) but if anyone does go see the Pirates III movie, you MUST wait until all the credits roll and see the final scene....it is well worth waiting for....

Back on topic again.... not to mention the many independent films with messages popping up in the video stores, and then other films such as the celestine prophecy, etc. Am visualizing 'the secrets of wilder' on those shelves some day soon. :)

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - May 28 2007 :  6:04:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the tidbit, I'll pass it along. Did you get the joke when they showed the map of the grail? Something out of nothing...

Edited by - Kyman on May 28 2007 6:06:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 28 2007 :  10:37:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
" but if anyone does go see the Pirates III movie, you MUST wait until all the credits roll and see the final scene....it is well worth waiting for...."

Oh no, i just got back from seeing it and left as soon as the credits rolled!

I think with pirates the symbolism is just because the writers are good, and they know people love that kind of thing. the movie is full of little jokes all the way through too that have nothing to do with the story, but they keep you amused.

Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  03:14:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Kyman, I have noticed that! It is increadible. Movie after movie seems to be overloaded with spiritual messages. Really great.

(I always stay after the credits roll. Many movies have hilarious parts there! Although not so spiritual, Monsters Inc is just the funniest - showing cartoon blunders! )
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  06:06:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree that nowadays more and more movies seem to have spiritual messages hidden in them, even kids cartoons... but I have also noticed this in older movies as well, do you not think that some of this could just be US being more aware of it?
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  4:42:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It would appear everything is coming into the light, and those with a watchful 'I' can interpret these messages and participate.

The struggle is internal, and thankfully, the guru is within us to help.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000