AYPsite.org Forum
 Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 i love this one
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

clk1710

92 Posts

Posted - May 26 2007 :  04:01:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
i'm not sure if this has already been posted but

"be the change you want to see in the world"

is a classic favorite of mine... its a great reminder that its not about going out and changing the world but our world starting with us and only being able to look at ourselves and alter ourselves and then the world around us naturally changes

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - May 26 2007 :  11:39:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's true. But also at some point we will need to begin changing the world in order to change ourselves.
Go to Top of Page

clk1710

92 Posts

Posted - May 27 2007 :  06:14:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
good point... thanks chiron
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 27 2007 :  07:08:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What point is that, Chiron?
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  03:02:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I suppose its the point when it becomes easier to change ourselves by changing the world. Maybe when personal liberation is achieved and its time to decide whether to leave for nirvana or to stay in the cycle of birth and death to help others.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000