Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Increased Visualization Capacity
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - May 15 2007 :  10:34:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys.

I wanted to report on an interesting phenomena that has been occuring since I have started AYP. I have never had too strong of a visualization ability as far as the mind goes. I can conceptualize something but I never really "see" it tangibly, like the way you see sunspots or a candle flame, like you REALLY see it. Lately sometimes when I go to bed as I'm laying down with my eyes closed trying to go to sleep random flashes of pictures will appear before my eyes for a split second and go. Sometimes they involve what I was thinking of and sometimes they are a random flurry of images. For some reaosn they are often negative images like something from a horror movie...which is strange, but often they are normal images. I assume this has to be the result of Deep Meditation because I cannot account for it by anything else. I never see images of this nature while meditating and I've only been doing AYP for a month now.

Has anyone else experienced this? I think it's rather cool.

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 16 2007 :  08:07:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I have; you may be experiencing "dreaming awake". It happens when you quiet your mind enough that the dreaming process happens even though you are awake. It is part of the purifying process from meditation, and should be taken as just scenery, of course. Sometimes you can see the probable future, also just scenery. If you take them seriously you can become twisted.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000