New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

glagbo

USA
53 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  03:16:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit glagbo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Naz:

Naz:
If I had a ready made fully mathematically/physically perfect model Glagbo
wanted me to e-mail him, I'd have presented it to the scientific community long time ago and
would have probably already been a Nobel Prize winner for that.

Exactly! The appropriate "Scientific Community" would have been a better forum
for a thorough and rigorous assessment of such a technical model. That is why I
suggested that you provide such a model in email to the appropiate channels. I
did not even request that you send it to only me, or even to me in particular (read
my post carefully on this). Any "scientist" or scientific forum approached with
such a thing would have channeled it to the right destination.

Naz (to David):
As to your remarks regarding the equations, my kind request to you is:
Stop splitting the hairs and pettifogging.

But, Naz, that is precisely what the "scientific community" would have had to do to ascertain
your worthiness for a "Nobel Prize". The Nobel Prize would not have been in Mathematics but
in a related field. There is no Nobel Prize for Mathematics proper. And would not you know it Naz?
The scientific folklore claims that such a glaring omission of the Mother of all Sciences from
Nobel's Prize was due to a perceived inappropriate sexual conduct of a Mathematician friend of
Mr. Nobel's towards Mrs. Nobel.

Naz:
And if what you want to say is that sattva and tamas can not always have
the same magnitude, let me ask you: Why not? Well, within the individual mind
one might argue (although I'd easily find arguments for both the sides of a
theoretical dispute).

Would that argument of yours be true at every point (including individual minds)
of your model? Always? (at every instant of their life? of their evolution?)

Naz:
Now, would you guys like David and Glagbo, and maybe someone else having
the proper skills, please take a deeper look and consideration of this
preliminary model, express the verbal definitions in math formulas, as you
understand it from what I tell, and possibly point to some flaws and potential
incompatibilities. That would be a great help.

This reminds me of a teacher who set himself up as this infallible highly
enlightened being and set out to lure some unsuspecting "scientists" to stitch
up cosmic Unified Field Theories of everything, based on pseudo-scientific
verbalizations from the teacher, in order to "scientifically validate" his teachings and
further aggrandize same verbalizations. Ironically, the core of the teachings was
very sound and highly valuable, IMHO, and could probably have stood on their own
without all the other fluff.

Naz:
I am a mental shape-shifter. ... I assume certain mental forms (or
activate certain Samyama combinations, to be more precise) and let them express
to their maximum, in order to understand their functioning better.

Innumerable are the shapes to shift to and learn from. Innumerable, say the
Sages, are the shapes and forms already taken to get here.

So short a lifetime to earn, learn, practice and play.

To each their chosen path through life and/to wisdom.

For now, based on my personal experience, I find the promise of Stillness in Action
through a combination of the AYP system, other related/similar methods, and some good
measure of self enquiry, more appealing.

Peace,

B.R.V.
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  10:57:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Naz,

As to my Ego, or my Narcissism beast, I do let it become rabid. But, mark it well: it is I who let it become rabid and express itself to its maximum (when I want and where I want) and not that it tells me what I have to do.

Just keep in mind Naz, that this forum is not the right place for this.

The knowledge that you share is appreciated, but it needs to be expressed in a way that is respectful and of benefit to all.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  11:16:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have read through this very long and involved thread and feel like asking the question that no one seems to know the answer to and are too polite to ask. Since this is a thread regarding sexuality started by Naz, I am curious Naz if you are male or female. I am male just in case it is not obvious by my name. Just curious since men and women often have different ways that they are able to channel their sexual energy
Go to Top of Page

Hannah

38 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  6:26:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hannah's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I believe Naz is a female; either she stated that or someone else made a comment regarding her gender. (Apologies if I am incorrect, Naz!) At any rate, I believe this thread began with a very valid discussion which soon deteriorated into ego bickering. Would anyone care to resume the topic? I believe I have already given my input. I also do agree with Naz that the topic of "tantra" (as in the lower kaula form) was likely brought up originally by Yogani partially for marketing and sales, and in fact, I believe at one point, he made a post about the upcoming Tantra book, stating that he was hoping it would increase sales, although I cannot find it by doing a search. Perhaps it has since been deleted.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  9:51:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani is not interested in making money. He is interested in bringing as many people to the path of enlightenment as possible. That is also the reason for breaking down his teachings into the smaller books that are easier to digest.
The Tantra book is available. Click on AYP books at the top of this page.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  9:56:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In answer to your question Hannah, I believe that this thread is based upon a premise that goes against AYP teachings. That is that sexual energy is different from spiritual energy, and somehow dirtier.
If that were so, the whole practice of raising this energy from the root to the crown would not be valid.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - May 26 2007 :  11:24:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Hannah:

The tantric sexual practices in AYP have been in use here for nearly 25 years (both non-celibate and celibate modes at various times). I've got another 15 years in sitting yoga practices before that. So the sexual aspect came along after quite a long time in sitting practices in my case. I would have done something with it sooner had the info been available. Since there was no obvious organized approach to harnessing sexuality in spiritual practices at the time, it had to be assembled through trial and error with input from many sources over some years. The resulting integration of sitting practices with sexual methods in a logical approach is what I've been doing ever since, with pretty good results.

Btw, celibacy is also a "sexual method." Many around here can confirm that this is so.

So, all that I integrated for myself many years ago is what you see in the online AYP lessons, and expanded on in the AYP Easy Lessons book. It is a sharing.

The small 100 page AYP Enlightenment Series books are being written to offer easier access into the knowledge and practices according to individual interests, so it is not necessary to start out with a 500 page textbook. In the case of the Tantra book, the goal has been not only to discuss tantric sexual methods, whether non-celibate or celibate, but also to point out the necessity of maintaining a daily routine of sitting practices (deep meditation, spinal breathing, etc.) if one hopes to have any real success with tantric sexual methods.

Unfortunately, the book has been categorized by some as the same old "western tantra." Translation: "How to have better sex." I dare say that those who have that opinion haven't read the book, and don't understand what AYP is -- a broad integration of methods on all sides of the human spiritual transformation equation. Ironically, the mischaracterization of AYP-style tantra has led to the Tantra book selling more copies.

But not to worry about money piling up anywhere. More than half of AYP's expenses are still coming out of my own pocket. I hope the book sales will increase enough over the next year to cover current expenses on a month-to-month basis. If sales go beyond that breakeven, then we can do some things to make AYP more visible that are currently beyond our reach financially. I sometimes affectionately call AYP: "A worldwide open-source information strategy being run on a shoestring."

It's been fun so far ... but it can't go on like this forever, or I could end up sitting on the street with a begging bowl. Hey, that might not be so bad. It would be a much simpler life...

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2007 :  11:02:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani & All,

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread.

One very, very important aspect of the place of sexual behavior and energy (in my opinion) as it relates to yogic sadhana (practice), is:

It is so important not to confuse form and essence.

Form often appears to be identical, or nearly so, from the outside.

One or more human body-minds vigorously experiencing the stimulation of sexual energy can indeed be a gross, base and dark activity which draws the participants away from spiritual consciousness (by reinforcing the belief that experiences of the senses are the aspects of life which warrant our priority) OR it can be a more sacred, holy and inexpressible experience of Love, intimacy and yogically beneficial energy allocation (the re-direction of sexual energy for the purpose of yogic evolution) - than most of us have any idea even exists, until such time as we may be blessed with such awareness.

Sexual behavior is like so many other things in the manifested realms (money, relationships, the Internet, etc.) - it is neither good nor bad, sacred nor profane, holy nor unholy - in and of itself.

The motivations, intent, outlook and attitudes we each bring to any sexual behavior, any Tantric sadhana, or any choices related to celibacy are the determining factors regarding whether these activities are sacred or profane, loving or isolating, giving or getting; yogically beneficial, or yogically detrimental. The sexual behavior itself has very little bearing on the matter, in my experience and awareness.

I've had a rather interesting and varied life, which has included quite a bit of what most people would consider rather exotic and adventurous sex -- and from where I sit now, that statement feels almost exactly like saying, "I've had a rather interesting and varied life, which has included watching a lot of television".

I've also had the infinite honor, and have been graced with the inexpressibly sweet, wonderful, fun and joyous opportunity to serve the Goddess, by sharing the joys of Tantric intimacy and communion with a beautiful and caring partner who exemplifies everything that is conscious, loving, holy, fun, sexy, sacred, glorious and heart-filled in the Divine Feminine - yet is mysteriously manifested through a divinely human form, and with whom sharing speechless tears of wonder one moment, and genuinely lame jokes the next - are aspects* of true Tantric sadhana which are obviously every bit as natural and sacred and essential as breathing.

(*"form-variable" aspects; i.e. in some cultures, Tantric lovers may not make lame jokes, but that playful, carefree light will shine through in other ways - and it is important to note that the joy, genuine intimacy and happy good humor that are the essence of such behavior is far more conscious, powerful, holy and evolutionary than many sadhakas {yogic practitioners} may realize. As an example, the Vijnanabhairava Tantra appears to be free of any specific verses where Bhairava playfully refers to his Tantric Beloved, Bhairavi as a "Dork". However, only a small portion of original Tantric texts have been catalogued and translated, so this information is subject to change. )

The "adventurous sex" and the Tantric love-celebration referred to above are as different from each other, in my experience, as a dental mirror reflecting moonlight is from the direct natural light and warmth of the Sun.

The former holds less than no interest; reflection upon the latter (while composing this post), produced tears of happy gratitude and a sense of humility, honor and blessedness so deep and real as to be exquisite.

There are sacred rites and rituals throughout the world that are as holy, helpful and close to the Divine as this (humor-laden, play-filled, reverent, raunchy, holy, happy Tantric Sadhana), to be sure; but none that are more so.

Do I really believe this?

No.

I know it.

Simply, truly, happily, gratefully.

And the direct benefits to the rest of my practice have been ... significant.

And, to be clear: I'm not a wide-eyed, "new to the pool" Tantric novice.

I'm a wide-eyed, substantially experienced former teacher of Tantra Yoga, who has happily learned that authentic, love-filled Tantric sadhana can help us to realize the reality of Oneness every bit as much, or more, than anything else in the human experience.

That's why they call it Tantra Yoga.

As we mature in life, we come to see childhood play as lower, or less evolved; we become adults and leave childish things behind - until the point where we finally evolve enough that we are blessed with the privilege of being able to experience the pure play, the pure love, the pure joy of the child, in child-like -- but not childish -- play.

"Like That".

We humans focus so much on sex, even if it's by pushing it away, or cutting ourselves off (or trying to) from the hard-wiring of these body-minds, and/or from the oh-so-distorted cultural rules of control and darkness and faux-morality. We "mature" into that which we perceive to be spiritual - and leave the crass, the profane, the physical behind; at least to an extent - at least to the point of convincing ourselves we have a "higher" outlook.

Then, we evolve some more, as the sunlight resulting from sadhana shines away the mists of Maya, and we literally laugh (and/or shed tears - quite possibly simultaneously ) at the Realization that the most delicious kiss is every bit as profoundly and infinitely holy as the most elaborate puja or prayer - and quite possibly more so.

Form - any form - is essentially meaningless, whether it be a Maha-Mega-Mantra, or a massage-oil lubricated Tantric roll in the hay {Goddess, Honoring and Hay, Rolling In are *not* mutually exclusive (just ask any Goddess who has been so honored; consummate Holiness is consummate Fun; no joke {but a lot of joyous laughter!} <-- the sooner we get clear on this, the simpler it all becomes; quite rapidly.)

The question is not whether sexuality is dirty or demonic, or if, rather, it might possibly be potentially holy, or if its energy can benefit yoga practice.

The question is:

Is It Love at the Heart of This?

When the answer is YES ... all other questions resolve themselves; the Ego's conflicts dissipate like the dream-smoke they are, and true contentment is realized as our natural state.

A rollicking, sweaty orgasm is experienced as obviously being every bit as sacred as the sweetest prayer; quite possibly more so - especially if it brings us closer to the awareness of the Love that is ever the source and the movement of ... all of this.

I'm not concerned with my ego's opinion on the sacredness or profanity of sex; all I want to know is:

For me, the joyous resounding YES!! is resonating playfully and essentially through just about every aspect of every moment.

How much is that worth, you might ask?

I don't know exactly - but I do know that I could be offered anything or everything in this world in exchange for my sadhana and its results, including the inexpressibly real and infinite Love, realized in part via Holy-Yet-Hot Tantric Sexual practice (and its attendant, permanent effects in my neurophysiology) --- and I would literally laugh at the inequity of the proposed exchange.

Can this level of Realization become actual in your own life?

You have to find that out for yourself, but I'll offer a bit of a hint:

Maybe there's a reason that people have been willing to dedicate their lives to this, sacrificing every form of material pleasure or wealth, from a time long before recorded history began.

And maybe there's a reason it's called Yoga (Union, Oneness).

As well-known spiritual teacher Adyashanti says, "I gave everything for this, and still I laughingly wonder: how could it have been so cheap?"

The pointers in this Forum, including the pointers surrounding Tantric Sexuality can literally bring you to the doorway of full, actual Self-Realization - but you have to step through.

Are you really willing to let someone else's ideas about someone else's ideas about someone else's ideas about the purity or impurity of sex put that very real opportunity at risk?

With all the Love that is in me, I hope not.

My dear friends - my dear brothers and sisters - this is for Real.

This interesting little corner of the Web known as AYP is freely offering teachings, which, if applied, hold so much more value than all the fame and fortune and success and gain that the world has to offer, that I have no words to express just how priceless AYP can be.

The success I have been blessed with seems to have resulted from the application of four key principles:

1. Let Go
2. Stay Open
3. Practice Daily.
4. Have Fun.

May we all realize the true power of Love, of Yoga, of Reality in our own lives, and in so doing, may we uplift all those around us by letting Life move through us, without resistance.

Peace, Namaste, Yee-Haw & Jai Ma!

Kirtanman

Edited by - Kirtanman on Jun 01 2007 11:08:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  9:19:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent post Kirtanman. Great wisdom, clarity and humour, what more could we ask for?

A
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2007 :  1:45:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Hanna,

quote:
I believe Naz is a female; either she stated that or someone else made a comment regarding her gender. (Apologies if I am incorrect, Naz!) At any rate, I believe this thread began with a very valid discussion which soon deteriorated into ego bickering. Would anyone care to resume the topic? I believe I have already given my input. I also do agree with Naz that the topic of "tantra" (as in the lower kaula form) was likely brought up originally by Yogani partially for marketing and sales, and in fact, I believe at one point, he made a post about the upcoming Tantra book, stating that he was hoping it would increase sales, although I cannot find it by doing a search. Perhaps it has since been deleted.

I think Naz is a man. Maybe we should place bets ! Or is that not very satvic ?

Seriously though, As far as the idea of Yogani introducing sexual tantric practices for the sake of marketing, I don't think it is very credible. If he was really interested in using tantra to make money, he could easily set up a website called something like : "Yoga and sex, how to use sex to get everything you ever wanted." (Actually I have just patented that title in case anyone else was thinking of using it. ) Also, he would have brought the book on tantra out first, and marketed it with the word sex in big letters on the front, and a picture of a scantily clad woman doing some random asana on a glossy book cover. (Could be a good idea Yogani if you are still reading on, increasing sales and all that )

But the point that you made about sex and the demonic forces is, I believe, a valid one. But the question is, was it the sexual practices that your friend was doing, that invited the demon into her marriage, or was your friend already pre-disposed to such forces, and the sexual practices simply acted as a forum for that connection to take place? By the way you write, it sounds like your friend was not objecting to the situation. Was this the case or did I misread you? Was she harmed, or is she still being harmed by this demonic force?

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Jun 11 2007 07:56:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

soundsleep

3 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  8:12:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit soundsleep's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Naz, I totally disagree with you. If everyone had your attitude the Human race would become extinct. How can sex be 'demonic?' Sex is a normal part of a healthy relationship, and I can spiritually grow and exit the rebirth cycle without having to live my final lifetime as celibate. Some people prefer celibacy, some prefer union with a life partner.
Go to Top of Page

mufad

44 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2007 :  1:01:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit mufad's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In response to kirtanman,

quote:

The question is:

I wonder if sex has anything to do with Love.
I think Love makes sex beautiful, but sex makes Love ugly ;)

As I understand, the energy normally (ie for most people in this age) flows downward and outward, we use ayp techniques to reverse this flow inward and upward. This I understand to be transmutation. We try to conserve the vital essence (ojas) so that it may be refined, transmuted and assimilated in our nervous system. Our sitting practice helps in this process.

Kechari Mudhra is sometimes referred to as "Spiritual Sex". I guess we tend to reduce the frequency of 'down and out' sex, when we start experience orgasmic results from 'in and up' spiritual sex. May be yogani can confirm this observation. I doubt if "spiritual sex" is possible with a partner.

In the great vedic epic "The Mahabharata" (of which the the Bhagvad Gita, the bible of Hindu Scriptures forms a part), the war between the pandavas and the kauravas is described in detail. Some teachings (see http://amazon.com/dp/0876120303 ) interpret this war as an internal war between good and evil that has to be fought by every individual. In this interpretation, each character of the MahaBharata corresponds to an internal quality. "Self Control" and "Desire/Lust" are symbolised by Arjuna and Duryodhana who are the main warriors of each side in the war.

The reason I bring this Epic War here, is that the spiritual path can be seen as war between good and evil and the Mahabharata according to some teachings, is an allegorical detailed description of that war. So physical sex can be seen as one of the great enemies to be defeated before emperor soul can reclaim the lost paradise within. In that view physical sex is bad - something to grow out of as we evolve into more spiritual beings. May be something to be killed ? I know it is far easier to make peace with our lower/demonic self but could it be that to eventually overcome maya we will have to destroy that part of our humanity and replace it with another mode of creation at will ? Samayana ?

Acting in Stillness,
Mufad.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2007 :  2:44:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mufad

...As I understand, the energy normally (ie for most people in this age) flows downward and outward, we use ayp techniques to reverse this flow inward and upward. This I understand to be transmutation. We try to conserve the vital essence (ojas) so that it may be refined, transmuted and assimilated in our nervous system. Our sitting practice helps in this process.

Kechari Mudhra is sometimes referred to as "Spiritual Sex". I guess we tend to reduce the frequency of 'down and out' sex, when we start experience orgasmic results from 'in and up' spiritual sex. May be yogani can confirm this observation. I doubt if "spiritual sex" is possible with a partner.

In the great vedic epic "The Mahabharata" (of which the the Bhagvad Gita, the bible of Hindu Scriptures forms a part), the war between the pandavas and the kauravas is described in detail. Some teachings (see http://amazon.com/dp/0876120303 ) interpret this war as an internal war between good and evil that has to be fought by every individual. In this interpretation, each character of the MahaBharata corresponds to an internal quality. "Self Control" and "Desire/Lust" are symbolised by Arjuna and Duryodhana who are the main warriors of each side in the war.

The reason I bring this Epic War here, is that the spiritual path can be seen as war between good and evil and the Mahabharata according to some teachings, is an allegorical detailed description of that war. So physical sex can be seen as one of the great enemies to be defeated before emperor soul can reclaim the lost paradise within. In that view physical sex is bad - something to grow out of as we evolve into more spiritual beings. May be something to be killed? I know it is far easier to make peace with our lower/demonic self but could it be that to eventually overcome maya we will have to destroy that part of our humanity and replace it with another mode of creation at will ? Samayana ?

Acting in Stillness,

Hi Mufad:

Kechari mudra is a higher form of ecstatic stimulation, but not the only form. As inner silence rises and ecstatic conductivity awakens, a whole range of techniques and actions become ecstatic and spiritually progressive, including tantric sex. Before the prerequisite inner silence and ecstatic awakening are there, the effects of kechari will be muted, and the benefits of tantric sex will be limited, though there can be some benefit in doing either or both as support to our awakening. However, these methods are not primary awakeners. They find their effectiveness flying on the wings of inner silence cultivated in deep meditation and ecstatic conductivity cultivated in spinal breathing pranayama. When the prerequisites are there, everything becomes ecstatic and spiritually progressive, even taking a walk or eating lunch.

The idea of choosing an "enemy" as spiritual practice, whether it be sex or any other thing we feel may be standing in our way, is contradictory, because it emphasizes divisiveness. There cannot be union (yoga) as long as we hold anyone or anything as separate -- especially as opposed to us.

On the other hand, we cannot deny that we live in duality and must make choices and take sides, even if our inner silence seems not to. In time, the movements of inner silence will make our choices more obvious, which is the natural rise of yama and niyama (spiritual conduct). In AYP, we sometimes call it outpouring divine love.

The scriptures, with their heroes and villains, are acknowledging the fact of our duality. Even so, the call in the scriptures is invariably to go beyond all that. Isn't it so that, in the Bhagavad Gita, Krishna tells Arjuna to forget about making value judgments (pro or con) about the "enemy" and just go do his duty as a soldier? As yogis and yoginis, we can also heed that advice by letting go of making value judgments about sex or anything else, and just do our duty in practices and in life, according to what we know will yield the best results. It is the efficient execution of cause and effect ... with no enemies in sight, even if they may seem to be there from other points of view. We do have some flexibility in choosing our point of view at any point in time. When the clouds have cleared, inner silence is the only point of view. We are That.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

mufad

44 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2007 :  10:59:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit mufad's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Yogani for that,
Do you think the frequency and attraction of 'down and out' sex decreases automatically as we grow in 'in and up' spiritual ecstasy ?

After my post above, I had an equation forming in my mind as
Love = God, Silence, Bliss, Shiva, Amrita
Sex = Nature, Energy, Ectacy, Shakti, Kundalini
Love + Sex = Life, Dance, Play, Union, Awakening

In the Start of the Gita, Arjuna refuses to fight because he sees his own brothers and teachers among the enemies, Krishna convinces Arjuna that he should do his duty and destroy his enemies, that is the whole of the Gita. We do not 'choose' our enemies we only learn to recognise them and deal with them. It is important to know your enemy and fight it, not underestimate it, that is our duty.

I think AYP is about transformation - spiritual evolution. Something has to change into something else - then we can claim that we were always that and there is nothing to achieve !

Good and Evil are two strong forces appearing in everything and at every stage - the choice is ours - Yes Inner Silence helps us make that choice, but that choice is same for everyone. Basic Yama Niama cannot be different for different people.

All religions teach us to avoid overindulgance in sex, our inner silence confirms the same, children see sex as dirty, the guilt and low energy after-effects of sex are very real - not just social conditioning - is sex the curse of mankind or the comforter - is it an enemy or a friend ? We can accept ourselves as we are and move forward in our spirituality by practicing ay techniques but I think the more we grow in spirituality the less attraction we will have for ‘down and out’ sex. That is my view now but I am open to any revelations others may have.

Be well equipped - We are at war here!
Silence and Love, Ah the mystery of it all :-)
Let there be Joy, Bliss, Ecstasy, lots of conductivity and clean windows,
Om Peace,
Mufad.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2007 :  2:00:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Do you think the frequency and attraction of 'down and out' sex decreases automatically as we grow in 'in and up' spiritual ecstasy ?

Hi Mufad:

It can be like that. But the timing and sequence of change will depend on the person. Some may be more inclined toward sex for longer, and it will not be a liability if the methods of tantric sex are known -- pre-orgasmic cultivation. In that case, sex can be an advantage.

This is not a call for sex. Just a call for smart sex when engaged as one might normally be in the course of life. This can help cultivate the flowering of ecstatic conductivity and the divine romance within -- the 'in and up' you mention. And if not engaged in sexual relations, that is okay too. There are also tantric methods for sitting practices -- including siddhasana and kechari. The many methods available are more than adequate to get the job done either way. To each their own. One size does not fit all.

Sex is not an enemy any more than gasoline is. If properly utilized, great good can come from both. And if carelessly used, well, you get the idea. Even the celibate will use sexuality in support of enlightenment -- the root source of ecstatic conductivity is sexuality. The dangers in forced celibacy are at least as great as in carelessly expressed sexuality. So it is good for both celibates and non-celibates to know tantric methods.

Each will choose their own path. The methods of tantra and yoga are flexible enough to accommodate any angle of approach to the divine. It can be viewed as war, romance, renunciation, or anything else, as long as practices are going on...

Yama and niyama will manifest differently through each person according to stages of purification and opening. So, while the absolute may be the same everywhere, no two people will express the absolute exactly the same. Neither will two 'enlightened' people express yama and niyama exactly the same. It makes life more interesting, and fun. Stillness in action!

Your equations are very nice. And, yes, AYP is about human spiritual transformation, with each on their own journey of discovery.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2007 :  2:19:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Thanks Yogani for that,

Hi Mufad,

I'll offer my perspective here, as ecstasy increases internally the need to look externally for it diminishes. As men, we become less dependent on “needing” a woman to fulfill our needs. Having said that, sex with your partner can evolve to be spiritually fulfilling as the male no longer feels the need to ejaculate and the energies are held within. As this occurs, tantric love making can occur which is a spiritual boon to both partners. Just withholding ejaculation is a boon to the male as inner energy increases and begins to move up as out is denied.
quote:
It is important to know your enemy and fight it, not underestimate it, that is our duty.

It is not doing our spiritual "quest" any favours by identifying and enemy then trying to fight it. Spiritual evolution and enlightenment is about acceptance and surrender rather than divisiveness and resistance.

The ego you resist, will be empowered to come back and haunt you another day, the thoughts you accept and embrace will be transformed by your efforts and/ or fall away.

quote:
All religions teach us to avoid overindulgance in sex, our inner silence confirms the same, children see sex as dirty, the guilt and low energy after-effects of sex are very real - not just social conditioning - is sex the curse of mankind or the comforter - is it an enemy or a friend ? We can accept ourselves as we are and move forward in our spirituality by practicing ay techniques but I think the more we grow in spirituality the less attraction we will have for ‘down and out’ sex. That is my view now but I am open to any revelations others may have.

You may want to ask yourself why you feel guilty after sex? What is there to feel guilty about and is the answer to this question a true reason to feel guilty? Why is sex dirty and is it really so? Sex with love is expanding and by adding in good tantric practices then is spiritually uplifting for both partners. Sex is as you choose to perceive it, and personally, I decide to see it as a friend rather than an enemy.
quote:
Be well equipped - We are at war here!

What you resist will persist, be the first one to make peace and start with your own mind, it has to begin somewhere.

There's never a winner in war.
Go to Top of Page

mufad

44 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2007 :  05:40:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit mufad's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had another insight after posting above,

Inner Scilence is Kishna who guides Arjuna (slef control) to do his duty and fight Duryodhana (desire). But it is ultimately Bhima (Life Force or Prana) who kills Duryodhana. It is very interesting and revealing when the mahabharata is seen this way - I get many insights into the characters from time to time - we can go into that some other time if anyone is interested.

Remember the Adam and Eve biblical story of creation ?
In "AutoBiography of a Yogi", Paramahansa Yogananda writes

quote:

"The Adam and Eve story is incomprehensible to me!" I observed with considerable heat one day in my early struggles with the allegory. "Why did God punish not only the guilty pair, but also the innocent unborn generations?"
Master was more amused by my vehemence than my ignorance. "Genesis is deeply symbolic, and cannot be grasped by a literal interpretation," he explained. "Its 'tree of life' is the human body. The spinal cord is like an upturned tree, with man's hair as its roots, and afferent and efferent nerves as branches. The tree of the nervous system bears many enjoyable fruits, or sensations of sight, sound, smell, taste, and touch. In these, man may rightfully indulge; but he was forbidden the experience of sex, the 'apple' at the center of the bodily garden.

"The 'serpent' represents the coiled-up spinal energy which stimulates the sex nerves. 'Adam' is reason, and 'Eve' is feeling. When the emotion or Eve-consciousness in any human being is overpowered by the sex impulse, his reason or Adam also succumbs.

"God created the human species by materializing the bodies of man and woman through the force of His will; He endowed the new species with the power to create children in a similar 'immaculate' or divine manner. Because His manifestation in the individualized soul had hitherto been limited to animals, instinct-bound and lacking the potentialities of full reason, God made the first human bodies, symbolically called Adam and Eve. To these, for advantageous upward evolution, He transferred the souls or divine essence of two animals. In Adam or man, reason predominated; in Eve or woman, feeling was ascendant. Thus was expressed the duality or polarity which underlies the phenomenal worlds. Reason and feeling remain in a heaven of cooperative joy so long as the human mind is not tricked by the serpentine energy of animal propensities.

"The human body was therefore not solely a result of evolution from beasts, but was produced by an act of special creation by God. The animal forms were too crude to express full divinity; the human being was uniquely given a tremendous mental capacity—the 'thousand-petaled lotus' of the brain—as well as acutely awakened occult centers in the spine.

"God, or the Divine Consciousness present within the first created pair, counseled them to enjoy all human sensibilities, but not to put their concentration on touch sensations. These were banned in order to avoid the development of the sex organs, which would enmesh humanity in the inferior animal method of propagation. The warning not to revive subconsciously-present bestial memories was not heeded. Resuming the way of brute procreation, Adam and Eve fell from the state of heavenly joy natural to the original perfect man.

"Knowledge of 'good and evil' refers to the cosmic dualistic compulsion. Falling under the sway of maya through misuse of his feeling and reason, or Eve—and Adam—consciousness, man relinquishes his right to enter the heavenly garden of divine self-sufficiency. The personal responsibility of every human being is to restore his 'parents' or dual nature to a unified harmony or Eden."

According to this interpretation, the original sin because of which Adam and Eve (thus all mankind) falls down from heaven is the sex apple.

What do you think ?
Mufad.

Edited by - mufad on Oct 18 2007 07:00:09 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000