New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - May 12 2007 :  02:08:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Your job is your karma too. Not being indifferent to it means your karma isn't going away..
View your time at work as your spiritual practice too. When you work, work for God. When you are setting and clearing tables, remember that you are doing it for God. Whatever duty you are doing, whoever you are serving, imagine that you are serving God. If you can do this and your faith is strong then any job becomes bearable and even enjoyable.
Go to Top of Page

Jack

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - May 12 2007 :  04:46:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jack's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Time for money, or, value for money?

http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/20...r-get-a-job/
Go to Top of Page

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - May 12 2007 :  2:48:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jack

http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/20...r-get-a-job/

The dude has some good points absolutely but at times he is overshooting a bit. I know some calm happy people with an ordinary job. Yogani had a long career also and stuff like that.
Go to Top of Page

Jack

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - May 13 2007 :  05:51:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jack's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes - I am one of those calm happy people with an ordinary job.:) I just thought it worth throwing out there, it may inspire anthony to do something value-based and not time-based for his personal satisfaction.

Edited by - Jack on May 14 2007 2:34:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - May 13 2007 :  10:24:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jack, did you mean Anthony instead of anthem?
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - May 13 2007 :  12:20:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So, you can hit the icon "Edit Reply" and change it then if you like, then I will delete my comment.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 13 2007 :  1:16:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am one of those ordinary people too. I have a regular job that pays a little low for my profession, but my boss recognizes honesty and integrity, and that's worth a lot to me.
It took me many years to find this job however. I tried all kinds of higher paying jobs, working for myself, and other means of generating income, and found this to be the most comfortable for me. My boss provides a service to me. I know all the things he does to keep me working, because I've done it before, and I don't like his job, even though he makes more money than me.

If you exercise and meditate in your free time, and learn to be peaceful, you can get to the place where eight hours a day doesn't seem like too much to give. And eventually find a job you like. Sometimes you have to put out a prolonged effort to get there. Maybe school, apprenticeship, working on your own business in addition to a job, whatever.

One problem Anthony may be in the type of work you are doing. I work around a lot of different businesses, and restaurants are the most crowded, hectic places I go to. I am always amazed that the people back in the kitchen can be so courteous to each other with so much noise, pressure, and crowding.

There are places like monasteries where money is not involved at all, and everyone contributes and is given a place to live. But I've heard from people who have live in them that it is a much harder life than out here. If you don't like someone at work, you get to take a break from them for more time than you are with them. In a monastery people you don't like are there 24 hours a day. Those monks are not all peace and love and courtesy like you see in the movies. They are just like you and me.
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - May 13 2007 :  2:25:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You're karma might be asking you to serve a more noble intention. You might be repulsed and lose energy in an environment that isn't trying to give more than it takes. Maybe it always will take more, but the goal of the management is to try and give more than take.

If you are as conscious of yourself as you sound then there is probably a great deal of soul intuition influencing your mind here. As if some part of you is one with the most likely future, and is operating in this corner of space time. I guess we experience it as serendipity or synchronization. At the time our actions appear disjointed from reality, when they are just in tune with a part less accessible to the conscious mind.

Make sure you are working for a job that is pro active environmentally, has spiritually minded people managing, and practice positive social interactions.

Then you might not feel anything but good sharing your days of the week.

It's hard to find a job that ceases to be work, but they are out there.

Edited by - Kyman on May 13 2007 2:27:05 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000