New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  12:31:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine.

I'm curious about your avoidance of the crown. With respect to your caution I'm wondering, what do you think is the source of fear to let go? What is it that tells you you aren't ready? Do you think there is some danger to you if you go there? These questions are from someone who is not anywhere near your level of experience and I wouldn't want to prod you to take any dangerous leap. But what would you suppose would happen to you if you did? Is it something that must be avoided for a long period of time? Something that requires more preparation? You have stated for some time that you aren't ready for that move, that perhaps you are waiting to be visited. Sorry for so much questioning, I'm just curious what your are experiencing in thought and feeling about that "area".

Thanks always for sharing Katrine
Alan

Edited by - Balance on Apr 23 2007 12:40:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  1:36:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthem and Sparkle

I ordered the AYP Samyama book some time in...January. But it took "forever" to get it. Finally - two days ago - I got it in the mail. I read it through once . It surely validates what I have seen lately. Very timely indeed. (And thank you, Yogani, for another great book).

As for the part on cosmic Samyama.....I'll read it again. But....since I just started regular Samyama; i have to settle in with that first. (Unless Yogani would suggest otherwise). If it is one thing i don't need right now....it is another increase of ecstacy. Plenty of that already.

But I'll for sure read it again......there might be some other message hidden in it....that will open me up further. If so - then just reading it will tell me.

Thank you, both of you!

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  2:06:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Alan

quote:
With respect to your caution I'm wondering, what do you think is the source of fear to let go

I smell danger. It is not the fear that I describe in the first post in this topic.....it is not an idea. It is not a fear of "letting go". It is simply that I know I shouldn't grasp for something that is not within my reach. Not even if it was within my reach. Don't ask me how I know this. I don't know how. It is more like an intuitive ....perception.... of danger. I have to listen to it, Alan.

quote:
Is it something that must be avoided for a long period of time

I have no idea, Alan. I don't focus on it. I'll know when it's time. It will just happen, then. As with the rest of this process.....as long as I don't meddle with it, it takes care of itself.

quote:
You have stated for some time that you aren't ready for that move, that perhaps you are waiting to be visited

Yes....
It is difficult to explain.....but, since all the rest (years of preparation) has happend while I am still grounded in the body....then why should the last stages differ? Why should I start fussing now.....when i haven't earlier? In my heart...I already know that I don't have to "go anywhere" to understand. On the contrary.....the understanding happens when I stay home. And yet....at the same time....the energy that used to press me down from above was clearly a "visiting" energy. It was as if a whole truckload was trying to get through a tiny, tiny crack on the top of my head. At the same time, everything inside was "drawn up" to meet that immense energy. As time has passed.....I experience - to an increasing degree - that the meeting can take place while still in the body. The result is greater and greater presence. Then why should I risk energy damages (fried nerves....emotional havoc etc)....when everything can happen right here where I am?

These are the questions I ask, Alan.

And don't apologize for yours! Hey - this is why we communicate here; is it not?
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  2:34:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Gotcha. Thanks Katrine

Love Alan
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  5:00:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
do you think that the crown connects us to the universe; so that we experience that everything is part of our body?
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2007 :  03:40:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ether
quote:
do you think that the crown connects us to the universe; so that we experience that everything is part of our body?

I experience that the crown is a passage through which we are reconnected. This reconnection is Yoga. Because of this reconnection; it is possible to experience - while still in the body - the unity of all that is. It is not that the universe is part of our body; it is rather that the body is part of the universe.....cosmos.... which is the body of inner silence. Cosmos (the outer) is the reflection of Inner Silence (the inner). As such - they are one and the same.

You know... when you put the question this way, Ether....it clarifies (for me) the issue discussed above (whether to allow full merge before the body is ready for it):

To seek unity with cosmos ......before establishing reconnection with inner silence.....is a waste of time. On the other hand; to reconnect to inner silence.....to continually deepen this connection.....will eventually simply reveal the unity with cosmos. It will be self evident. An extra bonus, if you like.

Or so I imagine....
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2007 :  07:17:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine,
quote:
With respect to your caution I'm wondering, what do you think is the source of fear to let go
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I smell danger. It is not the fear that I describe in the first post in this topic.....it is not an idea. It is not a fear of "letting go". It is simply that I know I shouldn't grasp for something that is not within my reach. Not even if it was within my reach. Don't ask me how I know this. I don't know how. It is more like an intuitive ....perception.... of danger. I have to listen to it, Alan.

It's funny, but I don't feel this fear. I am not afraid of the crown, and I do crown practices every day now. I know Yogani advises against them, but he only advised going directly to the crown too soon. He does say that when we are ready we can go to the crown, and it is not hard to open. I open my crown every day and feel the energy rising up from my root and flowing up into the air above me. It flows up in a channel about 6 inches wide, much like it did when I experienced my second kundalini awakening 18 months ago, but now it is much more gentle, and controllable, and I don't feel like it is going to kill me
I did go to the crown too early several times, and got my fingers burned, but luckily never too badly. Sometimes I open my crown and visualize myself rising up through it into the cosmos. Nothing very exiting happens, although I am fully aware that it could. I am sure I would not be harmed if I did go out. I have been out of my physical body many times, and visited many planes of being and was never hurt by the experience.
Right now I feel that the most important thing for me is to not be afraid, of anything. That's why I imagine myself rising up and out of my crown during my crown chakra meditations, it's not that I want to go anywhere (after all, where could I go?), it's just that by doing that, I can confirm to myself that I am not afraid.
I am not recommending that you or anyone else should have my attitude towards the crown at all. It's just where I'm at right now, and I wanted to share it as another perspective.

Important disclaimer and caution
If anyone is reading this who is new to AYP, or to meditation, and is thinking "hey this sounds like a great meditation to try out", it would be worth reading all of these two main lessons by Yogani first, which spell out why it is not necessarily advisable to do crown meditations like the ones I described above:
http://www.aypsite.com/69.html
and:
http://www.aypsite.com/287.html

quote:
Katrine wrote:
As for the bells....
After reading "The reconnection"....I started writing....messages...in my diary. They just came through; much like the poems; and they spoke about frequencies....about tuning....sort of a tightening of "strings". And about something coming through full force. So I asked: When will this happen? It said: "When the bells ring". (I didn't understand at all).

This is a form of channeling called "automatic writing". I have heard you mention it a few times but could not work out what it was. It is a way of connecting to advanced souls who are still close to the earth planes, and their thoughts are brought through in the writing. But you probably knew all that already .
Sri Aurabindo used to do it, but he stopped. He said that he stopped because it was difficult to know the level of spiritual development of the beings that were providing the answers to the questions.

quote:
Katrine wrote:
Well, the force is able to come through now. It is a loving river flowing down through the head and into the heart. From there it pulses in all directions. I can't see it. I just gratefully stay with it when it comes. No pressure; I can get up and walk; it is like being in love for the very first time. Every time it happens.

Beautiful.
Mother Meera calls this the Paramatma Light. The word is Sanskrit and means something like the light of the Divine Self (not a literal translation). Mother Meera is an Indian lady living in Germany at the moment.
Here she is in her divine glory:
http://home.arcor.de/maatrix/amma.html
She says that bringing this light down into the world is her main work. Not a bad job eh? I could think of worse things to do.
Another beautiful mother...
She says that many people have come at this time to assist in bringing this light down into the world. When she says "many people have come" she is talking about enlightened people who have died and deliberately taken human birth again to come and help humanity out. Someone once asked her if people would have resistance to this light. She said that at first they would, but eventually it would become so strong in it's downward movement into the physical plane that nobody would be able to resist it.

And here is what Sri Aurobindo had to say about the light that comes in through the crown:
quote:
The first process of Yoga is therefore to open the ranges of this inner being and to live from there outward, governing his outward life by an inner light and force. In doing so he discovers in himself his true soul which is not this outer mixture of mental, vital and physical elements but something of the Reality behind them, a spark from the one Divine Fire. He has to learn to live in his soul and purify and orientate by its drive towards the Truth the rest of the nature. There can follow afterwards an opening upward and descent of a higher principle of the Being. But even then it is not at once the full supramental Light and Force. For there are several ranges of consciousness between the ordinary human mind and the supramental Truth-Consciousness. These intervening ranges have to be opened up and their power brought down into the mind, life and body. Only afterwards can the full power of the Truth-Consciousness work in the nature. The process of this self-discipline or Sadhana is therefore long and difficult, but even a little of it is so much gained because it makes the ultimate release and perfection more possible.

http://www.miraura.org/teaching.html

Sri Aurobindo was one of Mother Meeras' teachers.

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Apr 24 2007 07:26:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2007 :  09:08:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi
Thank you for a very illuminating post.....I loved the photos of Mother Meera...

quote:
I know Yogani advises against them, but he only advised going directly to the crown too soon. He does say that when we are ready we can go to the crown, and it is not hard to open

quote:
I open my crown every day and feel the energy rising up from my root and flowing up into the air above me.

The crown opens spontaniously in the mornings.....sometimes it happens before getting out of bed....while still asleep. The surge upwards is so strong sometimes, that my whole upper head seems to be off.
Normally, however, the opening is more like a...wineglass....with the stem being the brainstem. From there - verything opens up in a wine glass shaped form.

I guess this is why i have so much ecstacy going on all the time. There is already an opening...Whether it is premature or not......I don't really know. But I do know that it has me balancing on a very fine edge. The force going upwards is so strong.....but I still experience "knots" in the head area (in the middle of the head - right where the fork splits in two; in the back of my head; and in the forehead.)
In a way you could say that I already merge; but that the purification still works on the physical body. It still has work to do here.

quote:
I did go to the crown too early several times, and got my fingers burned, but luckily never too badly

Is it ok to ask you.....what were your symptoms?

quote:
I have been out of my physical body many times, and visited many planes of being and was never hurt by the experience

Sounds lovely

So you were able to visit - and at the same time stay put in the body.....as if only part of you travelled.
Maybe I am afraid that with the force of my bakhti.....the bond to the body would be broken. Something like that.

Thank you for the great links, Christi

And also - thank you for including the warning (crown practises) and honering the AYP stand in this.

I will read the post again.....i am not done here, yet

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2007 :  04:56:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi

quote:
This is a form of channeling called "automatic writing". I have heard you mention it a few times but could not work out what it was. It is a way of connecting to advanced souls who are still close to the earth planes, and their thoughts are brought through in the writing. But you probably knew all that already

Yes and no. I thought "automatic writing" was when your hand "moved by itself"
But - other than that - yes, I knew the messages were not "from me". I stopped doing it after a while. Not because I didn't trust the messages - but because I sensed that this was not why i am here. I didn't want fragmentation - I wanted to be "collected"; "together"......so that I could give all of me away. Does that make sense?

Yesterday - looking at the eyes of Mother Meera - I reckognized....the light. I have seen it before. That...colorless light, is exactly like the shine. It's just that.... she is completely open - the shine is all she is.

So this....validates everything for me. The only thing that matters is that I continue to open......that I surrender to the fact of it. The light itself will see to it that my life situation enables this continuous opening. I am not - in any way - in any "last stages" of a process. On the contrary; everything is just beginning. Always.

Thank you so much for illuminating everything, Christi

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2007 :  12:11:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine,

quote:
The crown opens spontaneously in the mornings.....sometimes it happens before getting out of bed....while still asleep. The surge upwards is so strong sometimes, that my whole upper head seems to be off.

Yes, when I am coming out of the sleep state it is often very active and open.

quote:
Normally, however, the opening is more like a...wineglass....with the stem being the brainstem. From there - everything opens up in a wine glass shaped form.

I also feel this. It is something that confuses me a bit. Classically it is said that there are six main chakras in the body, and one (the crown chakra) above the body. But I very much feel the energetics of the crown beginning in the brain stem as you say, or at least at the pineal gland, and flowing up and out from there. Maybe there is more to see (there usually is) ... ?

quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I did go to the crown too early several times, and got my fingers burned, but luckily never too badly

Is it ok to ask you.....what were your symptoms?

Of course I don't mind. Nothing very exiting really, it's all here in the forum in different places, and probably in the main lessons too, and I'm sure you have probably experienced all of them already at one time or another. But I'll happily list them here, as recognizing these symptoms of overdoing things early before they get out of hand has helped me a lot in terms of regulating my crown practices (and non-crown practices too). They kind of come under two categories, those connected with too much Siva (consciousness) and those connected with too much Shakti (Kundalini). As you know, the open crown calls the kundalini to rise (pretty fast), so we can get both kinds of excess purification symptoms at the same time .

So... if I put too much attention in the crown area I get some of the following:
Too much Siva:
1. Spaced out, lack of concentration, zoning.
2. Things seem to be dissolving in an uncomfortable way, lack of stable reference points (like on an existential level), consciousness expanding at a rate that causes fear, or instability resulting in contraction.
Too much Shakti:
1. Sunburn on the inside of the skull
2. Headache/ migraine/ too much energy in head/ feeling like there is an iron clamp around my skull which is being tightened.
3. Irritability, sometimes leading to anger or aggression.
4. Shaking/ trembling, usually starting with a strong vibration along the length of the central channel and often expanding to cause the whole body to shake. Lasts anything from a few minutes to hours.
5. Scratching/ itching/ needing to wash every few hours.
6. Very weak digestion/ bloating after eating/ indigestion/ weight gain.
7. Ruptures in the skin/ boils/ open sores/ eczema etc.

Luckily I have never experienced all these at the same time)
I know that if I put my attention at the crown for too long during my practices every day then I will get these symptoms. So I regulate it just like all the other practices, and apply the same self pacing rules.
For me, irritability seems to be the first symptom to come, but it is kind of the hardest to spot, because I always think that something (else) is annoying me, rather than thinking "O.K.... too much time on crown practices".

quote:
Yes and no. I thought "automatic writing" was when your hand "moved by itself"

And who moves it when you did your writing?

(You don't have to answer that).

quote:
Yesterday - looking at the eyes of Mother Meera - I recognized....the light. I have seen it before. That...colorless light, is exactly like the shine. It's just that.... she is completely open - the shine is all she is.

I have never met her, but I know many people who have, and they often say that they see a light shining from her eyes. They also say that they can see this light even in a photo of her. Maybe they are seeing what you are seeing. She certainly seems very beautiful to me, and I can see that there is something very unusual (like deep) about her eyes.

I would love to meet her one day.

Love and Light

Christi

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2007 :  3:13:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi

Thank you for the list!
I have experienced many of the symptoms. It was especially useful for me to see that you group the symptoms into siva and shakti overloads.

quote:
For me, irritability seems to be the first symptom to come, but it is kind of the hardest to spot, because I always think that something (else) is annoying me, rather than thinking "O.K.... too much time on crown practices".

This sounds exactly like myself, if I overlook the onset of my period. (With irritability usually starting a few days prior - where everyone but me is at fault).

quote:
I have never met her, but I know many people who have, and they often say that they see a light shining from her eyes. They also say that they can see this light even in a photo of her. Maybe they are seeing what you are seeing. She certainly seems very beautiful to me, and I can see that there is something very unusual (like deep) about her eyes

Yes....to me, her eyes are a bottomless well continuously spilling over with the shine. She saw right through me.

I yearn to.....be spilling over like that

Thanks again, Christi
You have helped me more than you know

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  01:05:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine

quote:
Thanks again, Christi
You have helped me more than you know

You're very welcome.
And thank you for continuing to share your amazing life with us all.

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Apr 28 2007 12:23:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2009 :  3:21:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is a beautiful discussion so I'm bumping it..

Thanks All!
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2009 :  06:38:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yonatan

Thanks for bringing up this topic

While eating in silence with Sparkle's AYP meditation group on the retreat in Glendalough Ireland this summer....after I told them that I was moving to Ireland.....I kept trying to remember something that I knew Christi had once written in a post way back.....something that also mentioned the name "Tara"....I just couldn't remember.....

But here you found it!

This topic....is like a sum-up of everything that has taken place since the blessed day when googling the ecstatic symptoms...and being found by Yoganis wonderful AYP resource.

Life is such a wonder is it not.....what a blessing it is....everything we don't know!

Anyway.....very humourous how the call from Ireland was happening from the hill of Tara....posted here:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=6150

Tara is something else in Ireland of course...but this matters not......I am still smiling at the synchronicity of it all....

Here is Christi's post on Tara:

I found out something yesterday that I thought might make you smile. In Hindu mythology Siva is one of the Gods. He is also described as pure Consciousness, pure Being or Bliss. But Siva is only half, the other half is his wife who is called Tara. And what does Tara mean in Sanskrit?
Shining.

Tara also has another sense in sanskrit, it means crossing over, as in crossing over an ocean, from the verb root Tu : to cross.

I think someone, just maybe has been there before .

Kali is a Godess. The word Kali in sanskrit means black. Kali is Devi (the Divine Godess) who has a thousand names and who is the Mother of all. It is said that from Her womb which is larger than the entire universe She gives birth to all of creation. She is said to be beyond time and space.

Ring any bells? (Really bad pun I know... but hey)

Love

Christi

The funny things is......in 2000....there was a similar jump....not the magnitude of this...but still: I was asked to do some volunteer work. It lasted for almost two years...I was a press spokeswoman and writer for an environmental campaign founded by a well known NGO in Norway. We worked to stop the nuclear pollution that was going on at the time of the Norwegian and the Irish sea........I was in the High court of Justice in London, the International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea in Hamburg (Ireland versus England) etc etc
Anyway - it was very educational (to say the least)....and....it tought me a lot about not being for or against....but simply follow the inner voice.

So.....already then....the Sea was a friend. And who is to say where one country begins and another ends, right?

The Sea is One

Go to Top of Page

chinna

United Kingdom
241 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2009 :  08:05:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit chinna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
message deleted, when I read the whole thread.

Edited by - chinna on Aug 16 2009 08:25:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2009 :  08:13:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow!! When I read this discussion I skimmed over some parts and didn't even notice that Christi said something about Tara (it was after I read your post about moving).. It's truly amazing.. I wasn't even sure if what I'm doing bumping this thread is OK.. I guess it teaches me to let go and trust the inner voice..

Love and Thanks..
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000