Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 lines are blurred
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eddy

USA
92 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2007 :  3:53:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
basically i'm talking about meditating on this "i am" mantra and all of a sudden i'm tlaking to people, seeing people ect.. i just stopped meditating because it wouldn't stop. i jsut kept on dreaming. not really disturbiing, i don't think i'm going schizo or anything.. how do you think i should handle it

Edited by - AYPforum on Apr 07 2007 11:33:31 PM

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2007 :  8:24:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Eddy,

The technique is to bring your mind back to "i am" when it wanders. Don't get frustrated and impatient when it wanders.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2007 :  10:29:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Eddy,

Just to clarify your post, are you indicating that you tried the "I am" deep meditation and then experienced some instability of some kind? If you did meditate, how long did you do it for and was it your first time? Have you experienced blurred lines before because of meditation or perhaps at some other random time?

all the best,

A
Go to Top of Page

Eddy

USA
92 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2007 :  11:19:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i've actually been having blurred lines proabbly since i started meditating seriously around 8 mothes ago... there's so much really.. it may be a little imbalanced but it's not so bad... what i just talked about wasn't really disturbing or agrivating but it just kept on happening so i decided to stop.. i think next time i'll be able to work it the right way so it stops or just get to the core so it disapears.. something liek that... i've been doing the nisargaddattas "i am" thing since mid december.. but yogani's way has proved better for me.. i like how he talks about jsut concentrate on the vibrations of the word and not the meaning.. that was helpfull. before i would kind of do it an stress out if it was working or not most of the time.. so yoganis simple description of it was pretty cool...

can i jsut say how cool this forum is.. mysapce sucks compared to this.. they don't even know who ramana is lol... it's like talking to thrid graders, j/k... please don't get offbeat abotu my sense of humor anybody.. i'm really just kidding.. i just type.. it comes out and it leaves... goodbye.. see you later stupid words.. don't need you anymore.. hehehe
Go to Top of Page

Eddy

USA
92 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2007 :  11:23:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
wnna here one of the cooler times of having blurred lines.. it was when i was on a tibetan retreat.. they didn't even meditate there so i had to do it all on my own.. it's morning and i'm meditating.. and all of a sudden there's this dude giving me some kind of bag telling me to open it getting me excited about it.. so he gives it to me and leaves, i open it and there's nothin inside.. i get agrivated try to go after him and wake up out of it.. so i'm like relived in a way.. aout 20 seconds later i'm staring at trees in my mind in the kind of spiritual experience way.. "woooowwwww"..

so i've pretty much came to the conclusion that dreaming is just your ecess thought baggage materializing into your senses in whatever arbitrary ways they feel like it.. if it's real, and the people there are other real people that are dreaming i ahve no idea, but i'm certainly open to the possibility.. i did have a lucid dream once where i met someone who said they were a lucid dreamer too.. ld's are the most insane thing in the world
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2007 :  02:08:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Eddy,

I agree with you that day dreaming like this is just our excess thought baggage working itself out.

quote:
i think next time i'll be able to work it the right way so it stops or just get to the core so it disapears..

Well, the instructions are that if something appears to just bring your mind back to "i am". The trick is in the bringing it back, calmly and focused. There shouldn't be any trying to get the thoughts to stop.

Hope that helps clarify the practice.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2007 :  11:33:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Eddy

USA
92 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2007 :  04:58:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Eddy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for moving it... i'm still new o all of this.. this is truel a cool place to be...

anyway... i think that's whatt it really grat about it all... the "i am" thing and the way he descires it.. you can't rally do anyhing else except turn back to it... because after you do it for a while you start to realize that really i's the "i am" hat it's all coming from.. if i just keep doing what i'm doing... then... i'm going to be happier han anyone has ever been on the face of the planet ever!!... and we will do it together... becaue we are....?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000