AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Third Eye
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AccidentalYogi

21 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2007 :  6:57:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit AccidentalYogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste

I've recently noticed a considerable build up of energy in the third eye chakra which has confounded me a little. It is putting a lot of pressure on my eyes and has given me this feeling of constantly wanting to cry.

However I've concluded that it's not sadness or repressed negative feelings because probably once or twice a day I end up in a state where I am crying tears of gratitude and joy. My eyes are welling up right now thinking about it.

Does anyone know any techniques in particular to clear out blocked energy from the third eye?

I'll check the AYP lessons later, but I just wanted to post this before class.

Thank you!

Doc

USA
394 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2007 :  12:15:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello AY:

Practice of Samyama on the normal attributes of a Chakra and its associated mantrams and symbology can often assist in clearing and strengthening the energy and functions of a chakra. Here are a few artistic depictions of the sixth chakra ranging from Traditional to Modern representations. Enjoy!

http://www.santoshaserenitywear.com...ges/cha6.jpg
http://60sfurther.com/Graphics/Art/...andal_06.jpg
http://www.sacredforms.com/images/v...6-chakra.jpg
http://www.serpentmandalas.com/agnya.jpg

And here's a method of clearing the sixth chakra for your consideration from Doreen Virtue.

Light, Archetypal identity, oriented to self-reflection

This chakra is known as the brow chakra or third eye center. It is related to the act of seeing, both physically and intuitively. As such it opens our psychic faculties and our understanding of archetypal levels. When healthy it allows us to see clearly, in effect, letting us "see the big picture."

Chakra Six - Third Eye Chakra
Location - Above and Between Eyebrows
Color - Indigo, Dark Blue
Corresponding Issue - Clairvoyance, Intuition

CHAKRA AFFIRMATION: cleansing technique for the third eye chakra

"I willingly release all fears of seeing the past, present and future. I release any fears I have of seeing loving beings of light."

"It is safe for me to see the truth. My vision is perfectly ordered and illuminated by love."

Hari OM!

Doc
Go to Top of Page

ajna

India
59 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2007 :  01:28:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit ajna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AccidentalYogi

Namaste

I've recently noticed a considerable build up of energy in the third eye chakra which has confounded me a little. It is putting a lot of pressure on my eyes and has given me this feeling of constantly wanting to cry.

However I've concluded that it's not sadness or repressed negative feelings because probably once or twice a day I end up in a state where I am crying tears of gratitude and joy. My eyes are welling up right now thinking about it.

Does anyone know any techniques in particular to clear out blocked energy from the third eye?

Thank you!

Hi AccidentalYogi

You can gently nudge the bottom outside corner of your eyes with your index fingers few times, as long as it is does not hurt, with eyes closed. This has helped me release some of the built energy.

Cheers
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2007 :  12:42:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Accidental Yogi,
Sounds like great things are happening for you.
quote:
Namaste

The safest way to balance out energy in the body is by using spinal breathing which is described in the main lessons fairly early on. There are also direct techniques described for purging the third eye, but these could lead to a greater energy build up in the head, due to overactivation of the ajna chakra. They may not work so well if what you need is to balance out the energies. As far as I know there is not much connection between the third eye and the physical eyes. Also, if you are crying tears of joy, because of emotional release, this is likely to be caused by some of the lower chakras opening more fully, specifically the solar plexus and the heart chakra. This is a good thing as long as it does not get so overwhelming that you cannot function in the world. As long as you can cope, then just relax into it, and enjoy.

It all sounds good to me. If you start getting headaches, then cut back on your spiritual practices.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2007 :  10:07:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AccidentalYogi

Namaste

Thank you!

Hi AY,

You can find 2 important techniques that are extremely effective and which work on the third-eye in the AYP lessons:

Sambhavi- http://www.aypsite.org/56.html

Yoni Mudra Kumbhaka- http://www.aypsite.org/91.html

It isn't recommended to add in more than one new technique at a time to your practice routine, you would want to establish stability in one before adding another. Good luck and remember to self-pace accordingly.

All the best,

A

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000