Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Samyama and its effects....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SaiShakti

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2007 :  08:36:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit SaiShakti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been practising yoga, bandhas, pranayama and meditation for a few years now. Spinal breathing is a part of my pranayama. I have recently started practising Samyama twice a day...It is an inner stillness deep within just to "BE"!
Not looking for effects of Samyama but rather looking back at the days events, I have observed a stillness within me but a lot of friction with my husband for very small reasons. I have read the book on Samyama and it does mention adverse effects in the practitioners emotions if the practice is not paced properly. I am fully aware of that and am pacing myself properly. I do not understand if it is related in some way to my Samyama practice or not. I am calm still and am more aware of the happenings around me. Pl suggest any insights on this topic. I do not wish to stop my practice.

Edited by - AYPforum on Feb 28 2007 08:49:27 AM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2007 :  09:39:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SaiShakti

I have been practising yoga, bandhas, pranayama and meditation for a few years now. Spinal breathing is a part of my pranayama. I have recently started practising Samyama twice a day...It is an inner stillness deep within just to "BE"!
Not looking for effects of Samyama but rather looking back at the days events, I have observed a stillness within me but a lot of friction with my husband for very small reasons. I have read the book on Samyama and it does mention adverse effects in the practitioners emotions if the practice is not paced properly. I am fully aware of that and am pacing myself properly. I do not understand if it is related in some way to my Samyama practice or not. I am calm still and am more aware of the happenings around me. Pl suggest any insights on this topic. I do not wish to stop my practice.

Hi SaiShakti,
Welcome to the forum.
I am sorry you are feeling this friction with your husband. What you are experiencing is a symptom of excess purification that may result from either overdoing and/or not enough rest after practice (irritation during the day is a very common symptom of not resting enough after practice Lesson 15 - Meditation Q&A – Restlessness).

In your first posting http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=1887#15481 you have said:
quote:
Yes, I am doing Bhakti Yoga (since childhood days in India), Jnana Yoga (childhood and now), Karma Yoga (only in childhood primarily), Hatha Yoga for few years, v. devoted to it and now presently with intense Pranayama and Meditation am touching Tantra Yoga though I am not practicing Tantra in my life. I have become v. open to understanding the Tantric ways of evolutionary cycle. It took me a long journey to truly understand it without looking for an explaination.

I wish to keep my practice simple but intense enough to be totally present in the moment and at all times. yes...I am pacing myself though sometimes there is an urgency from within to go further...further in what? I still have to feel that.

Not sure if you are still practicing Hatha Yoga and all the other practices you have mentioned above along with the AYP practices.. If you are, this may be causing excess purification in you..

You have said you do self pace.. which is awesome.. Do tell us your full routine and maybe we could help you a bit more there.

Since you have said you have read the samyama book.. if you read from page 44 onwards.. Yogani gives clear instructions on how to self pace in samyama...

Anyway.. don't stop your practices.. just increase your rest time after your practice, and self pace on the rest of your practices. If you are sure it is samyama that is causing this, cut down on the repetitions of the sutras to just once and/or do samyama with just one of your sessions (not twice a day).
Hope these help. Wish you all the best.
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2007 :  11:26:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello SaiShakti,

May I ask if are you able to talk to your husband about these frictions ?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000