Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 A book actually written by Nisargadatta
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2007 :  4:00:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello

Here is a link to an online read of a book actually written by Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj in 1963. Other Nisargadatta books are compiled quotes written down by others. I've just begun to read it.

http://itisnotreal.com/Self-Knowledge.html

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2007 :  4:42:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! I've read a good bit of it. Pretty intense and thorough. Hard to believe it's written by Nisargadatta. It seems different from his style of speaking and includes philosophy, methods of practice and devotion that don't remind me of his later words.

Edited by - Balance on Feb 16 2007 4:47:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2007 :  11:29:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There are also some other good zen/advaita resources on that same website
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2007 :  3:53:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello
As long as I'm visiting that site I want to offer a good page (of many there) on self-enquiry: http://itisnotreal.com/subpage46.html

Edited by - Balance on Feb 17 2007 4:05:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2007 :  2:37:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello
I have to say that the lectures and lessons on the above site are some of the best i've come across yet. Adding this kind of self-investigation to my daily practice is becoming quite rewarding. click on "collected works" there and read some of the lessons when you have a moment to read. Robert Adams was a student of Ramana Maharshi and also visited Nisargadatta.
Alan
Go to Top of Page

ajna

India
59 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2007 :  05:25:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit ajna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is a cool site. Thanks Balance.

Cheers
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000