Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 Need suggestion
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vaibhav

India
1 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2007 :  02:12:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit vaibhav's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have stomach problem since my childhood. it includes constipation indigestion etc. Recently I have healed up from depression and insomia. it's the terrible thing and I don't want to suffer it again. I researched it on web and found that indigestion is the main cause of insomnia and may even lead you to psychological problem. I want to know which asana are good for me???
Regards
Vaibhav

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2007 :  7:49:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Vaibhav and welcome to the forum. I hope someone will have some suggestions for you regarding asanas. I can tell you though, regarding indigestion, a doctor once told me that you should not eat for two or three hours before bed because it will keep you awake.

I hope you're also meditating. I honestly believe it does a great deal to keep us healthy, both in body, mind and spirit!

light and love,

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2007 :  11:03:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by vaibhav

I have stomach problem since my childhood. it includes constipation indigestion etc. Recently I have healed up from depression and insomia. Vaibhav

Hi Vaibhav,
Welcome to the forum.

Vajrasana is the simplest, yet most effective. I won't go into describing it, since you'll find it listed with photos in a score places on the web. If you are up to more exertions, try the Laghu shanka prakshalan (you'll find this detailed on web, and books too). Approach it carefully, and follow instructions...it is very effective, but must be handled with respect.

You can also combine simple vajrasana with eating 1 tsp triphala powder with warm water every night (buy from a dependable herbalist, or make your own with harad, amla, bahera... can give you the botanical names if interested), or drinking 30 ml aloe vera juice daily.

A short but holistic asana regime usually gets the insides oiled well enough. You may want to look up Yogani's starter kit on asanas, for a doable practice to combine with your routine. (His book on Asanas, Mudras, Bandhas).

Are you doing the AYP practices BTW? Since when, and how's it going? If you put that out here, many will be able to chip in with more suggestions...since everything is interrelated in yogic practices.

Top of yoga to you.

Edited by - sadhak on Feb 11 2007 11:11:35 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000