Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 Asanas for heart opening
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Niels Jacob

France
52 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2024 :  10:08:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone,

I wanted to know if there are particular asanas that focuses the heart region. One year ago I asked the same question for the hips opening and I receive very useful advices .Even by including Karma Yoga in my daily life I still cannot feel energy in the heart region, probably due to emotional blocking in the past. That?s why I want to expend this region using Asanas !
Practicing reverse SPB also shows great results? but I need something else !
For those who are familiar with, it?s all about opening the Vishnu Granthi (not mentionned in AYP).
Love, Niels

Christi

United Kingdom
4487 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2024 :  11:43:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Niels,

Most yoga asanas will activate the heart chakra in a gentle way. But if you are looking for asanas that work more specifically on the heart then reclining supine twist, camel, upward facing dog, fish, bridge and anjaneyasana all have a strong effect on the heart centre.

The granthis are discussed in the AYP main lessons in lesson 276.

https://www.aypsite.org/276.html
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2281 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2024 :  6:59:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Another interesting way to open the heart center is to decide on an ishta, whether an avatar or higher ideal, and keep its presence in your heart center. Whenever you are in samadhi, or some elevated state, you offer it up to your ishta and the heart blooms in response.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000