Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 stage 2 kechari question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

interpaul

USA
540 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2024 :  10:20:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
After patiently working towards stage 2 kechari over the last 5 years with stretching exercises I finally decided to try some small snips. I followed Yogani's instructions taking small snips over the last few months and have finally been able to push my tongue behind my uvula with the assistance of my index and middle fingers. The challenge I face is the fingers seem to fix my tongue against the back of my throat making it impossible to move it forward into the nasal cavity. I'm assuming more snipping and stretches may free it up further, but I wanted to tap into the collective wisdom to see if there were any other tricks I'm missing.

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2024 :  04:25:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Is the edge of your soft palette "soft" or "taut"?
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
540 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2024 :  05:49:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dogboy, I have nothing to compare it with. I sense it is more on the soft end of the spectrum as I imagined once I got the tongue behind it the soft pallate would support the tongue.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2024 :  7:41:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, there is ample room, once you find the passage. We've chatted before, I have nothing new for you other than to snip further as long as you find it helpful, keep trying, it's worth it!
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2024 :  06:36:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Interpaul,

I hesitate to add anything here as I do not practice kechari (tongue too short and I have not cut it). For what it is worth, I have noticed that it is not only the tongue that reaches for the opening but the opening also naturally opens wide, reaching for the tongue, when kechari is happening automatically from the pull of kundalini. My tongue can only reach the edge of the opening.
I don't know if that is of any use.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

TensorTympani

USA
79 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2024 :  1:06:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Interpaul,

you could try out a few of those things (or a combination), apart from stretching and snipping.

1) Place the finger you push your tongue with as low as possible. (This helps with point 2)

2) While pushing the tongue back, keep the tip of the tongue relaxed until it is behind the uvula and then stretch the tongue.

3) Before pushing your tongue back say, or get ready to say (no need for air coming out of your lungs), "Aahhhh" (like when a doctor wants to look into your throat) or some other vowel that opens the throat. So helps with what Sey suggested, to open the throat.

4) Once the tongue is behind the uvula, move your jaw towards your spine (as if you are trying to exaggerate an overbite), or tucking in your chin (like in jalandhara bandha), and open your jaw (lips can be closed).

5) Once the tongue is behind the uvula, put on a light smile. For me the postures 4 and 5 seem shorten the distance by which the frenum needs to stretch allowing the tongue to go higher than normal when stretched, or to rest more comfortable in kechari 2 with the tongue fully relaxed. So it might also help to achieve that extra step you are looking for.

Edited by - TensorTympani on Jul 02 2024 1:28:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
540 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2024 :  2:20:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Tensor, Thanks for these suggestions. I will give them a try and report back.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000