Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Practicing celibacy?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SubNaut

Belgium
5 Posts

Posted - May 24 2024 :  1:41:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

is anyone here practicing celibacy for spiritual reasons? If not, how often do you masturbate/have sex in general?

th1996

Germany
33 Posts

Posted - May 24 2024 :  5:19:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I try to reduce orgasm to limit one time per week... but sometimes it twice a week!
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - May 25 2024 :  01:09:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Subnaut

There is no one correct answer for this, as we are of different genders, ages, relationship status, and stages on our spiritual paths. If you are young, and without a partner, once a week would not hinder progress too much. I have noticed with the arising of inner silence over the years, and with automatic vajroli established, not to mention being in my sixties, the need for simple orgasm is greatly diminished, compared to the opportunity of residing in waves of ecstasy and bliss that resist cresting, and dissipating.
Go to Top of Page

th1996

Germany
33 Posts

Posted - May 25 2024 :  08:44:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Dogboy is right. I am male, 27 age and single. Once or even twice a week doesn't change anything on my spiritual path...
Go to Top of Page

SubNaut

Belgium
5 Posts

Posted - May 27 2024 :  11:04:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In spiritual texts, you can sometimes read that celibacy is not advisable due to the strong effects that can arise. AYP is a powerful practice. It recommends the blocking and holdback method. Usually, celibacy is not advised since a lot of sexual energy can build up. The holdback method does not release this sexual energy. This can be a problem for sensitive people, right?

(Edited the most important word in the paragraph.)

Edited by - SubNaut on May 27 2024 5:00:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

alain

Canada
23 Posts

Posted - May 30 2024 :  9:15:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi SubNaut

Being celibate or in couple doesn't affect Tantra, it's how you do the practices. Tantra doesn't care about your personal situation. What is important is to be ready for it, Tantra won't work to it's full potential unless you have inner silence and extatic conductivity well developed. Otherwise you are only masturbating or making love and holding or blocking your ejaculation, anyone can do that with a little practice.
Tantra is mainly about deep meditation, pranayama and other sitting practices done twice daily and regularly. Tantra is cultivating the sexual energy before the orgasm and preserving it by not ejaculating.
So if you are ready and have ectatic conductivity well established you will enjoy Tantra wether you are solo or in couple. Having done both I can tell you that there is a lot more enjoyment in doing it in couple and that it wont affect your spirituality in any adverse way as long as you limit ejaculating to once a week or so.

Cheers

alain
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - May 31 2024 :  01:12:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well stated, Alain. Inner silence and conductivity spurs the opening of the shushumna. Sex changes from outward expression to inner expansion. My heart has opened to devotion.
Go to Top of Page

alain

Canada
23 Posts

Posted - May 31 2024 :  4:10:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dogboy

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000