Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Yoga teacher training
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cato

Germany
235 Posts

Posted - May 15 2024 :  6:00:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'm thinking of taking a regular hatha yoga teacher training course over a period of 18 months. However, I am not sure, since those teachings and practices (probably asanas, mudras, pranayama,...) might add up to an overload situation combined with AYP. What do you think?

Deer

Indonesia
32 Posts

Posted - May 17 2024 :  07:32:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Deer's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Are you seeking an online program? Or open to in-person instruction? I absolutely loved the 200-hour AYP training last year in Koh Tao, Thailand. It is an absolutely beautiful location right on the ocean with snorkeling and epic views. The instruction was phenomenal. Please send me a DM if you would like to discuss.
Go to Top of Page

Cato

Germany
235 Posts

Posted - May 18 2024 :  7:18:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I thank you, Deer.

The teacher training I have in mind is in the city I live, in-person instructions. I would love to attend an AYP program one day. However, Thailand is quite a distance from Germany and with kids, a course distributed over 1.5 years is more manageable than several weeks in a row.

Does the AYP teacher training go beyond Yogani's lessons and books?
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - May 20 2024 :  12:33:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Cato,

The focus for the AYP Teacher Training Course is on the content of the AYP lessons. So, we focus mostly on Deep Meditation practice, Spinal Breathing Pranayama, Samyama and the mudras and bandhas. There are two asana classes each day where we do include more asanas than are described in the lesson. Around 40 asanas in total plus variations. In addition to that there are classes on the history of yoga which is not included in Yogani?s lessons and books. We also give classes on how to teach AYP, both in terms of how to set up and run different classes in different situations and for different groups of students and also how to teach online and how to run retreats.
This year the course will be in-person in Thailand and also online, with the classes being live-streamed and recorded.

Course details are here

The full course curriculum is here

There is a different daily class schedule for people taking the course in-person and people taking it online.

The in-person daily class schedule is here

And the online daily class schedule is here

Go to Top of Page

Cato

Germany
235 Posts

Posted - May 21 2024 :  11:50:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Christi. I would very much prefer to join an in-person class. I hope I can do that one day. I'm planning to do the yoga teacher training for personal reasons as I'd like to dive deeper in the field of yoga. I'm not really planning to teach or give classes. Not yet, perhaps.

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - May 21 2024 :  3:11:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000