Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 "Rest" after DM/Samyama
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

iamthat

India
14 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2023 :  10:28:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,

How to rest after practices(not do anything for 5-10 minutes), is it same as Paravastha (as they say it) after the Kriya Practice in kriya yoga schools?

Although i have been doing AYP for a few years now, i donot know why this thing never crossed to my mind earlier, i just use to lie down and dose off with alarm chimer in phone for 5-7 minutes ,may be the practice has started to evelove a bit lately.
Now i think that i might be missing something if i am taking nap in the rest period,
Whereas if i don't lie down mind resumes its usual chatter.

Any thoughts/advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance

IAMTHAT

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2023 :  11:17:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is perfectly ok to take a nap during the rest period.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Wil

Sweden
156 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2023 :  9:51:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Rest in AYP is a necessity for self-pacing and not specifically with regard to how much bliss that is occurring.

I think Paravastha can be associated with meditation and/or staying with bliss which may mislead from AYP-style resting.

Rest is as you say, to do noting, like a child in repose. No need for bliss or any directives.
Go to Top of Page

Drystone

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2023 :  10:02:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi there,

I?ve noticed recently in my practice that if I go back to bed after my morning meditation that I usually wake to a kind of paralysing bliss and light, an earthquake with a vision or I have an out of body experience. So for me I?d say having a nap after is a lovely thing to do!
Go to Top of Page

iamthat

India
14 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2023 :  09:26:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Sey,Drystone ,Wil for your precious suggestions,
My mind was literally hovering around this issue for the past couple of weeks.

Iamthat
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000