Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 Amaroli and Supplements
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

avocado

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2023 :  5:43:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Friends,
Is it okay to do Amaroli and take supplements at the same time? As I understand it, Amaroli is best practiced first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. However, there are a number of dietary supplements I take that are also advised to take first thing on an empty stomach. Currently I take Neem, Turmeric, Psyllium, allergy meds, and sometimes probiotics. Is it okay to mix supplements with Amaroli, or will that interfere with the effects? I have been doing them together for a year now but it occurred to me that maybe I should be spacing it out? Thanks for the feedback -Avo

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2023 :  9:44:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Is it okay to mix supplements with Amaroli, or will that interfere with the effects? I have been doing them together for a year now but it occurred to me that maybe I should be spacing it out? Thanks for the feedback

I don’t have an educated answer, other than you have been doing “this experiment” a while, how do you feel after doing so? If there were adverse effects , most likely they would have shown by now. Still, it probably wouldn’t hurt to space the two by a half hour (doing amaroli first, it should process faster) if you wish to experiment further.

Amaroli is a treasured part of my daily practice too.
Go to Top of Page

avocado

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2023 :  7:23:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dogboy, thanks for chiming in. I will experiment as you suggest.

Tbh I never seemed to notice any acute changes with Amaroli (or with any of my AYP practices for that matter), but that doesnt mean they arent there. Perhaps I'm just not perceptive enough. I do know that I am happy and grateful and I suspect AYP is a big part of that, but if so, the effects of practice crept up on me. I also suspect I would notice a big difference if stopped Amaroli or my other AYP practices. But I don't have any desire to stop, just to keep tweaking and adjusting and growing.

I appreciate the encouragement in trusting my own body and observation of it. It's not something I'm practiced in, haha, but I suppose it is one of the fruits of yoga, becoming a better listener. So I'll keep practicing that too.

Hope your own path and practice is going swimmingly my friend.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2023 :  10:49:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2023 :  04:59:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Is Amaroli supposed to be used over extended period of time - like a year? I thought, like fasting, you did it for a short period of time like 14 days or max 40 days. Are there benefits for using it over such an extended period?

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2023 :  01:47:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Sey

In lesson 319, Yogani advocates amaroli as a daily practice:

quote:
A traditional daily dose of urine is considered to be a glass full, or 6-8 ounces (200-250 milliliters). But we can start with a few drops mixed with some water in a glass, and work up from there. There is no rule that says it has to end up being a full glass. It could be much less. What is important is daily practice - that is much more important than the quantity. Everyone will be a bit different in their need and approach, as in all yoga practices. We self-pace according to our individual results.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000