Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Questionning on the Sutras: Force and Abundance
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Niels Jacob

France
40 Posts

Posted - May 28 2023 :  11:11:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello there,

Is it beneficial to use the "Force" sutra ? I would imagine the "Weakness" would be more suitable. Indeed is surrender essential in one's spiritual process. How could I surrender if I don't let the weakness invading me for a time ?

The same goes for the "Abundance" sutra. What I focus on is gratefulness for what I own and what it's been given to me for now. By showing gratefulness one doesn't seek for unnecessary. The term "Abundance" may here not guide us correctly in my opinion.

Just a few thougts here, I would be curious to see how others have interpreted it.

Cheers, Niels

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - May 28 2023 :  7:57:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Niels, I have always been surprised by how powerful "Abundance" has been for me. Over time I have come to accept the wisdom in all the careful choices Yogani has made in his choice of practices. Having now practiced Samyama for a few years I sense they work in ways one can't understand. As you suggest this is more a process of surrender. In fact, I have comet to accept Samyama, and all of Yoga, is a process of surrender. The magic seems to happen when we release from our attachment to the thinking mind. I'd be interested in how you've settled on "Force" as a sutra. I do not feel "weakness" would be a very useful sutra. My sense, from a scientific perspective, is we are engaging with our unconscious mind. It does not use the same rational logic as our intellectual mind. If we say "weakness" we are encouraging that type of energy, which isn't a very useful energy. Maybe it is a translation thing from French. If by "force" you are trying to encourage a power you will likely not achieve your goal as, again, it seems Samyama works best by the complete surrender of the intellect/will into the release of the sutra, rather than holding onto some concept or desire.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - May 30 2023 :  07:37:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Niels,

The sutra "Force" is not one of the primary nine sutras given by Yogani. "Inner Strength" is probably the sutra you are talking about. I would suggest this is best translated as "courage intérieur".

As for the Abundance sutra - you may find this thread very interesting:

https://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic...ance%2Csutra

I found the feedback from Brother Niel most helpful.

You may also find my take on the sutras also interesting

https://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic...PIC_ID=19208

Sey

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000