New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Parsifal

Poland
20 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2024 :  12:28:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dogboy,
I am so impressed with how far you have come in your spiritual development through AYP practices for 11 years. I have been on the spiritual path for about as long as you, and I still feel like I'm at the beginning of the journey. The difference between us is that you stick to one set of practices, while I jumped from one system to another for the last few years and also drank alcohol for the first 10 years. So you and other long-time AYP practitioners remain my inspiration to finally, after several years of instability, settle permanently into AYP practices while maintaining abstinence from alcohol.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2024 :  11:59:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello again, Parsifal

Thank you for your kind words. Discipline and desire indeed are key elements to bringing yourself to daily meditation. Although I had a decade of asana practice before AYP, I never meditated before stumbling across the site in search of tantra techniques. I remember reading through all the lessons, first the main ones and then the tantra, in probably two weeks, and learned that finding inner silence was the missing piece of the yoga puzzle. Perhaps not knowing multiple systems saved me from wanderlust. It does speak well of the system that Yogani designed. It was hard at the beginning to devote an hour of my daily time (as a father of two youngsters at the time), but stuck with it because some early purification episodes clearly demonstrated that my neurobiology was indeed changing.

Good luck with your sobriety. The whole of my wife's family has been touched negatively by alcoholism, and as a result it affected our family too. She is many years sober after multiple attempts, and I am so proud of her (and she, of herself) to have the discipline and desire to get to this side of it. It isn't easy but have faith in yourself and your meditation practice to find your strength and stability
Go to Top of Page

Parsifal

Poland
20 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2024 :  08:33:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Dogboy for your wise comment . I'm glad your wife has maintained her long-term sobriety. For me, it is now 16 months of sobriety, and although it was extremely difficult in the first months, now it is easy. And I have already started to feel better effects of AYP practices. So I think I'm on the right track.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2024 :  01:28:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Recently in DM, inner guru had me move that attention point up, from the solar center to my tongue, the tip of it to be exact, while I am in ketchari

It has been five weeks, and I find it is good to keep the solar center in the base practice, and to move the focus to the tongue tip only when it clearly wants it. Too much attention in the head reduces stability.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2024 :  02:39:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Once a yogi finds a conductive body and/or experiences samadhi regularly, Christi explains how that leads to liberation from duality. (10 minutes run time)

https://youtu.be/zrRG58b4-0A?si=HMhP78SU9BXvqYYl
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2024 :  12:51:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been having a bit of fun with lidded eyes lately. It has become a yoga practice to challenge duality. I rarely walk or exercise with headphones or music, honoring the opportunity for active yoga. Either in asanas, or on the elliptical, walking the neighborhood or woods, the eyelids become lazy as the white noise grows, inviting silence forth. The world has become black and white, inside and outside, dark and light, and becomes the in-between on my breath, before my very eyes. All I have to do is be there and imagine non duality; if done with sambhavi mudra, the eyelids flutter and blur visual perception.

Edited by - Dogboy on Mar 15 2024 8:05:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2024 :  03:56:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Tracing the spine during SBP early in my AYP journey was difficult, and Christi gave advice to simply be at the third eye on the top of the inhale, at the root at the bottom of the exhale, and let the middle be for now. This helped a lot; by placing the attention at two (actively important) places instead of the length of the shushumna seemingly trained my inner attention to sync with my purifying body. After conductivity, tracing and syncing both the body and the breath became automatic; entering silence and surrender by sweeping the shushumna during SBP up and down, correcting the spine and neck, quieting the mind, dissolving into silence.

If tracing is hard for you, take Christi's advice. You may find it automatically, when you are open enough for it.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000