Enlightenment Milestones
 Mind
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - May 03 2022 :  07:49:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear all,

I would like to share and experience and a source of concern(?) with you.

The whole of last week I was on an online training course on airport master planning. Obviously the latter is a complex subject matter requiring high analytical skills and in-depth knowledge of aviation and airports. I found that while I was remained attentive to the instructor and 'understood' all he said, I could not retain anything. Even saying I understood what he said is not even quite true. I further read the course material "as homework", typical study-mode and again - zero apparent retention. Words fall on a stainless mind and slide right off. No impact. I started to grow a little concerned at some point (was amazed at another point), then laughed it off and thought, let see how I do in the exam
I have done the exam - it was multi-choice and I'm pretty sure I have scored 100%. Go figure!

To be honest, I cannot totally attribute my ability to do the exam successfully to a clear (non-functioning?) mind. I have been in the aviation business for 30 years and airport master planning for the past 5 years, it could just be previously build-up knowledge and competences.

Seriously - do our minds even work as we think it does?

Sey

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - May 03 2022 :  5:28:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sey, It's hard to tell from your post if you are concerned you aren't understanding the material based on your movement into non duality or aging. I am also 30 years into my career and, while I can succeed based on "previously build'-up knowledge and competences", I do find the aging brain a little slower to process and tolerate the pace of new information. If you did score a 100% it would suggest you have enough "knowledge" to do the job. I suspect your bringing inner silence to the job can contribute to the "master planning" in other ways.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - May 04 2022 :  06:43:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Interpaul,

I acknowledge that as we grow older our minds are not as quick to grasp new information but that is not what is experienced here. When listening /reading your mind gives you feedback that it has understood; you can cross-check by repeating the information to yourself that you have retained it or analytically grouping bits of information that belong together to build the whole picture. I hear /read the words but it slides right off without impacting (staining) clear mind in anyway. I have actually noticed this for a number of years now, but it only became strongly evident when under the pressure of a complex training. I am used to it while reading fiction. I flow with the story with a vividness that was not there before but I am not retaining what I read on the previous page.

Ah...I give up, trying to put these things in words is too hard and sounds impossible.

Sey

Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - May 04 2022 :  5:31:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sey, It was hard in reading your first post to see if you were suggesting you are bypassing your traditional brain function in a positive way or if you are concerned about some problem. Based on your response I sense you are suggesting the former. I suspect only people who are well down the path of nonduality understand what you are referring to. If this is the case, congratulations. I imagine it could feel a little lonely being in a place where few understand how you experience life.
Go to Top of Page

Wil

Sweden
150 Posts

Posted - May 04 2022 :  6:42:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

Dear Interpaul,

I acknowledge that as we grow older our minds are not as quick to grasp new information but that is not what is experienced here. When listening /reading your mind gives you feedback that it has understood; you can cross-check by repeating the information to yourself that you have retained it or analytically grouping bits of information that belong together to build the whole picture. I hear /read the words but it slides right off without impacting (staining) clear mind in anyway. I have actually noticed this for a number of years now, but it only became strongly evident when under the pressure of a complex training. I am used to it while reading fiction. I flow with the story with a vividness that was not there before but I am not retaining what I read on the previous page.

Ah...I give up, trying to put these things in words is too hard and sounds impossible.

Sey

Hello Sey,
This makes me excited. Memory has always been my interest. I have had a similar experience where it feels like I forgot everything that ever happenened. To me it was scary at fist but now it feels great and mysterious.

Who am I, or who was I?
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - May 05 2022 :  1:00:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sey,

I can relate to your experience. It seems to be triggered by the rewiring of the neuro-biology, which happens in stages. It feels like the mind gets rebooted at times. I remember an experience similar to yours, reading a passage and realizing that I had no idea what was about, and reading it again and again with the same effect. Just like you, I thought: "This is curious. I know all the words, there is nothing difficult here, but there is no retention of what I have just read. How did I make it through school? I do not know what is happening." I would read a page, and re-read it, with no idea about its content.

This "blank mind" shows up at other times, too, like when I have to select media device in the car ( e.g. to play music from someone's phone), and if I do not take a moment to think, I would choose to disconnect all devices - the mind likes it quiet, and my family likes music

In time, the mind gets better integrated, but something shifts: there is less heavy reliance on mind and a deep intuition rises in its place. It feels like life is less directed by the mind, and it is more a flow of grace.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - May 06 2022 :  06:09:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000