Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Usage of Mantra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

iamthat

India
14 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2021 :  12:13:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello All
I have been practicing AYP for about 2.5 yrs now with amazing success,just a few hickups here and there,which I successfully overcame with a bit of self pacing.
The question I wanted to ask is about Mantra yoga although not very practice related,the aim of mantra which we use here in AYP (and TM like schools)is to refine and touch inner silence again and again till our whole being is soaked up in inner silence in regular activities.But there is yet another Mantra Yoga specific traditions which "don't" focus on refinement of sound but on invoking specific deities or specific results(even enlightenment) through its vibrational effects.
Can anyone pls shed some light on the differences ?One specific tradition I would like to quote here is Guru Siyag Siddha Yog,the effects (as claimed by its practitioners)are like curing of incurable diseases like Aids/Cancer/Diabetes just due to mantra japa (no refinement and dissolving stated) and ultimately "moksha"
Pls feel free to move the question to the appropriate thread,if at all required
Thanks in Advance.

Iamthat

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2021 :  1:46:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello iamthat
Invoking deities through Japa can be attractive to seekers that are more into the bhakti path.
Nothing wrong in that.Usually one follows his inclination and sees what happens.In your case you say ayp is working well with you, i say stick with ayp mantra
Bhakti is present in everything we do and feel, it is what pushes us to do any kind of yoga practices. So bhakti is present in ayp but the tools are different.Also in ayp there are many lessons about bhakti and ishta and how we can release emotions to our chosen divine ideal whatever that might be
Go to Top of Page

iamthat

India
14 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2021 :  10:10:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thankyou Maheshwari for Your reply,yes you are right AYP is working well for me,the AYP practices have actually given a long term purpose to my confused and chaotic life.
Though sometimes my mind loves to indulge on such very unimportant and irrelevant questions.However I think I have realised somewhere that practices are which will make a real difference on the journey
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2021 :  11:40:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello iamthat
Some questions do come from mind looping, but yours doesn't not fall into this category. Your question was important, bypassing or judging it would have been counter productive
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000