New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2020 :  5:23:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Cato
However, it tends to feel sexual regularly. Sometimes it feels like those kriyas bring me near orgasm, very rarely even beyond.

Ah, you knew all along that it hikes kundalini. You could have told us!
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2020 :  02:07:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One more thing to add
Although kriyas are mentioned in ayp but many schools including the one where I did yoga ttc and attc always insisted that kriyas are only to be practiced in retreat mode never when back to our ordinary life cause they are too much to handle energetically.
Go to Top of Page

Cato

Germany
225 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2020 :  04:03:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sorry when I postponed relevant information, those correlations aren't obvious to me. I wasn't aware that sexual feeling is actually synonymous with stimulating kundalini and that again with working energetically respetively increasing the energetic level. However, I am happy that I did mention it. It gives me another piece of my puzzle. As I already mentioned, changing from an ashtanga flow to a kriya session already helped and gave some relief. Obviously I will have to take another look at this part and exchange the kriya session with a more grounding routine of asanas.
Go to Top of Page

Cato

Germany
225 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2020 :  3:14:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'd like to add one more question to complete this: Are there yoga styles that can generally be seen as essentially grounding? I know that yin yoga is often regarded to fulfill this. I am not asking for special poses (i.e. standing poses), but yoga styles in general.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2020 :  02:26:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Cato
You have to try Yin yoga and see for yourself if that works for you
That said it is perfectly alright to choose other types of physical activity like swimming, walking, running etc.. These are grounding for sure , there is no testing period and observing if you are overloading or not.Plus they are fun and a nice change.Take that shortcut imo.

Edited by - maheswari on Dec 17 2020 02:28:42 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000